New Guy in Idaho

-

tubbedamx

Location Boise, Idaho
Reaction score
Hi,
Just purchased my first mopar, a 67 notchback barracuda. The car is in pretty good shape it came out of california. Came with a 273, 904 and a 7 1/4 rearend. My plan for the car is to rebuild the 273 and the 904, find and install an 8 3/4, some sort of aftermarket brakes with a 5 on 4 1/2 bolt pattern, fix the quarter panel rust and the rust behind the back window, then give it a shot of paint. I want it to be the kind of car you can jump in and drive maybe on a rod run or for a cruise out in the country.

Other cars, street legal mid 11 second 69 amx and a under construction tubbed 64 2door rambler classic.

Thanks Jim

Thanks, Say how do you modify your profile, add pics and what not...I'm sure I'm looking right at it.

Welcome to the site...it's a great group of people here.

Go to the user CP and you can edit your profile there and the pictures after you've made your post scroll down , you'll see a additional opions (manage attachment )this is where you can upload your pictures from your computer if they're the right size. just hit (browse) this takes you to your files....

Good Luck and we'll be waiting for some pictures. :blob:

tubbedamx glad to have you and you ride's here at fabo.
The amx is it a 304 or 390 car I have allway's liked the amc stuff too.
keep us posted on your car's and ask any question's there are some good folk's here that would have shaved time of my car if I new about this site.Welcome

Welcome aboard. Might I suggest that if you're going to upgrade to the 5 x 4.5" bolt pattern, you might consider an 8.25" rear end rather than the 8.75". That way you get the 5 x 4.5" large bolt pattern, but if you go an 8.75" A body rear end you'll still have the small 5 x 4", unless you use a rear end from a B body or bigger. The 8.25" will handle anything that little 273 can throw at it. :)

Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy. :thumbup:

DSCN7522.jpg

Thanks for the help I appreciate it...as far as where in idaho, I live in boise. If you ever go to Firebird Raceway out towards Emmett then you probably have seen the orange amx with the black hood.
Here are a couple of older videos of the amx at the track. The amx is a 390, th400, 4500 stall through mufflers.

Oddly enough I don't have any pictures of the cuda yet. I'll see what I can do about that this weekend.

th_MOV03356.jpg

th_ea5e84ec.jpg

Nice AMX... I had a 70 SST Javelin (304) once, yellow ...neat little car until one night we got to much snow and I had to much BEER !! THE END...

:wav:

Glad to have you here. I know you'll definitely find plenty of help here when you need it.

Cool!! I sure wish winter would end so I could get the amx out to the track not to mention get started on the barracuda. So what is the take on AMC to you geniune mopar nuts anyway... Is it Adopted Mopar Children or do you wish they would disappear from your car shows???

In the amc world you have options but they are limited. Since owning this barracuda I can't believe what different more prevelant options there are from big and small blocks, trannys and the aftermarket world. The more I think about it the more I think I want to go at a pro-touring aproach.

Top of the hill AMC!!!!!! sweet :thumbup:

-
Back