New guy in Oregon

-

k5carrillo

Reaction score
Hello All -

New to this forum. I have worked on Classic Mopars (A bodies and otherwise...but mostly engines) in years past, but have never owned one. Always liked the Slant 6 in particular. Nothing against V8s, just always liked inlines.

Anyway, my teenage son is considering a 1965 Barracuda that appears to be in decent shape. A 225 with a 3 speed on the column.

Not having any real experience with A bodies, I am mostly wondering how easy/hard it will be to mechanically keep up with one of these cars in todays world? I suspect the engine and trans won't be too much trouble, but what about body, interior, moldings, rear end, etc.? Is there enough aftermarket support to make long term ownership realistic for a regular guy....especially a young guy? What things will be tough to deal with....if you know what I mean?

Any helpful advise or comments would be appreciated.

I look forward to learning as we go.

Thanks.

Welcome aboard! I'm in Molalla if you need any help locally. Great bunch of people on here!

Welcome to FABO, there are companies out there that build most of the rubber stuff but interior parts are harder to find also chrome parts are not that easy but thats part of the fun tacking the little things down, it's better than Christmas when you find them. These are not chevy's that's for sure but they are very doable. If he's a Mopar guy then there are plenty of good guy's around here that will help him out. This is a great site.

Welcome! Go to search and read some posts, very helpful group here...enjoy

mullinax, I laugh everytime I see your sig ;-)

Welcome to the site state neighbor ! Look, listen and learn... and most of all have fun here !

-RPM

Not hard to keep one of these cars in reliable daily service in the Northwest. See here for reliable suppliers of some of the tougher-to-find parts. As for the slant-6, Tune-up parts and technique suggestions in this thread. Carburetor operation and repair manuals and links to training movies and carb repair/modification threads are posted here for free download. And the books in this thread should be purchase number one for your son!

-
Back