New Guy Looking for Help

-

Houston54

Reaction score
hopefully not in all the wrong places. I just posted a thread in the welcome wagon and am needing some quick info before I inspect/purchase a 68 fastback. I am trying to identify how strong the restoration parts supply/vendor support is for these cars. I have tried to locate some but it appears thin at best out there. I recently completed a 54 Chevy truck build (pics can be found here for those interested)http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/19815520
and had numerous suppliers to purchase parts from. What is the situation like for these A bodies? My apologies for a double post on this.

Mopar stuff is more hard to come by compaired to chevy and ford stuff. Depending on condishion of car im not sure. They make quite a few things for A -bodys now a days but some stuff they dont repo yet so you may have to go with nice used parts also.

The satisfaction is worth the journey. you in Houston? Rosenberg here. Welcome to fabo, if you cant find it here it aint happening.

I am out in the Klein area in NW Harris County. Glad to be here.

Still looking for information on specific vendors who sell reproduction parts for these cars. Any suggestions?

We carry a lot of 68 Cuda parts at Layson's Restorations. We have tail light bezels, lenses, interior goods, some sheetmetal, trunk trim panels, weatherstriping, etc, etc, etc.

Send me a PM on this board or shoot me an email if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Rick

Hello new guy. I'm in West Texas.In the process of building a 72 Swinger.I've bought a lot of mechanical stuff from Mancini Racing.I haven't had to buy much in body parts although I will try Superior Plating for bumper rechroming. Steel Rubber products had all the weatherstripping.Year One has a lot of good stuff ,got door panels and seat covers from Legendary, other interior stuff from Dantes Parts,Herbs parts, front suspension parts from Just Suspension,and there is a lot of stuff on e-bay,though most of the time it is very expensive. I hope this helps. All the guys here are very helpfull when it comes to tech stuff.

Earth to Houston....... We have what you want......You have landed amongest the greatest bunch of mopar freaks on the face of the planet. If it ain't here it aint out there. Stuff can be found but you might have to be patient. Tell us what you need. I'm in West Plains, Mo. and have a field full of A bodies but i don't make my living from selling parts. It's a hobby for me. If your the right guy i give em away......but there are qualifications.....You haven't been here that long. ......Let us know what you want. Welcome.

-
Back