New guy on the block

-

bness360

Reaction score
Just regitered and I'm looking forward to the help and good advice I've seen. I had a 72 swinger in highschool but my old man got rid of it while I was stationed overseas in the mid 90's. I just recently came across a 1970 swinger with an 8 3/4 posi rear end and 3.23 gears. For $800 I couldn't pass it up. The end product is going to be 400+ horses of Mopar muscle. This is my first build and I would like to do as much of the work as possible. I'm going with a 408 stroker with roller rockers, hydraulic roller cam, aluminum heads, the works. Backed up with a 727 tranny and 2300 stall. Am I going in the right direction? Thanks in advance for any help. I'll be sure to post pictures as it progresses...

Thanks again,
Brent

Welcome to A bodies. Post up some pictures,so it will be more helpful to answer your questions.

You might want to bump the stall a little higher. Maybe 2800 or so. I am just over 500 hp and run 2800, though I wish I had gone a little higher. 3.23 is a good all around gearing and a 727 is certainly strong enough to handle it. It will be a quick car and you will be very happy with it.

Just want to say thanks for the hospitality! I will be posting pictures this weekend. Gonna pull the motor and drive train next weekend!!! I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks again!!

Welcome to FABO!

You will enjoy this site. Great people and information!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• WOW Side View.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 60
Hey Brent, it's great to have you here. Sounds like you've got some great plans for the car -- keep us posted on your progress. Can't wait for the pics. :-D

-
Back