new guy with a new old car

-

kourgath

Reaction score
Hey there folks, just picked up a new old car yesterday. a 63 dodge dart with the 225 slant 6. don't know enough about the 63 to tell if it's a gt or not. but the car runs like a champ quiet as a kitten and hits 100 easy enough on the freeway. has a 4 speed manual tranny of unknown make. but i'll be on the forums frequently in the coming months to request help with the gradual restoration.

Attachments

• 2013-02-27_10-29-26_67.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 129
  • 2013-02-27_10-29-30_962.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 2013-02-27_10-31-02_178.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 2013-02-27_10-31-06_892.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 125
as you can see this one is lower than hell, i'm only hoping the guy who lowered it used the torsion bar method and not the 2" spindle drop. back end has the blocks on the leaf springs so that'll be easy enough to rectify.

Welcome early Dart owner. I like the stealth look with the Moon caps. Sounds like your Dart is a runner. Have fun here @ FABO. Lots of early A bodies here and we all have lots of fun. toolmanmike

Nice stealthic find,time for Bonneville Salt Flats! Welcome.

hehe the wife hates the moon caps, I could go either way... maybe paint em flat black for now to appease her

hehe the wife hates the moon caps, I could go either way... maybe paint em flat black for now to appease her

Well, I wouldn't go quite that far LOL but will admit I'm not a big fan of them either. But the rest of your car looks phenomenal! Welcome aboard ... you'll have a blast and meet a lot of great people here.

it's got some rusty spots, no head liner, no carpet and ride height is too low (keeps bottoming out) but nothing a little tlc and effort won't fix. think I got a good deal at $1800

1800.00 for a 4 speed /6 with minimal rust is not bad....I'd say ditch the moon caps for some torgue thrusts...otherwise she looks good!

ugh got under her today and pulled the block out of the leaf springs, went to tighten the torsion bars and noticed the ends were labeled R on the driver side and L on the passenger side. on top of this all the rubber in the LCA is rotted out. looks like more work to get this suspension right than I had hoped

-
Back