New Guy

-

Tnplumber

Reaction score
About two weeks ago I bought a 33k 72 Dodge Dart swinger special 2 dr hardtop. The car is in excellent shape. It is rust free and has a good running stock 318. I live 40 minutes from knoxville, tn. I am a master plumber by trade. I am currently building a 24 x 32 garage to house my new Dart. This is my fourth dart. I had a 74 Swinger in the late eighties with a 318 and mild cam. It was green with a white bumble bee stripe. I have also owned a 74 swinger with a /6. I had a 69 Swinger with a 383 that I sold before I got it running. It's been almost 20 years since I had a running/driving Dart I could enjoy and I'm lovin it. It's great to be back. No more reading magazines and dreaming I'm gonna live it this time. :thumbup:

Scott
72 Dart

Congrats, Scott. Sounds like a nice car. I know how you
feel. 5 years ago I got my Duster. It matches one I had
30 years ago when the wife and I first got married.

000_0094_0001.JPG

I'm sure I'll learn a lot on this board. I've been a mopar nut since the mid eighties. I still have the mopar magazines that I carried with me in highschool :thumbup: . I always wonder if the Dart I sold in High School is still around somewhere. It was last seen in NW Ohio in around 1993. It's the only 74 with a bumble bee stripe i had seen at the time. It's probably long gone. I still have pictures of all of them and some broadcast sheets.

The dart that i know survived was sold to a guy who worked as a machinist for Dale Ernhardt. He told me he has going to build it for SS/a drag racing class. It was a white 69 swinger imported from Canada.

Thanks for the welcome,

Scott
72 Dart

Welcome Scott! Glad you are back in a Dart again.
Hope you hang around and take the time to enjoy this great site.

Yes Tnplumber, Welcome to the site. You can't find a better bunch of Mopar nuts than here, Hope to see some pics of your car soon!

thanks again for welcoming me. I'm going to the Mopar southern nationals this weekend. Anyone else?

Scott
72 dart

-
Back