New Guy

-

adtarr

Reaction score
Hello Everybody

Here is some background info. First car was a 1969 Big Bad Blue AMC Javelin with a 390 in it. Second car was a 1964 1/4 Barracuda. Since than I have owned allot of AMC's and currently still have my original 69 Javelin.

Now looking to get a Barracuda back and find my self wanting a 67-69 notch back. Actually just found a 67 that is local to me and is an original 273/4 spd car with the Rallye dash.

Hoping to look at it soon. Needs a lot and the 273 has been replaced with a 318. Seems like it could use a 340 6 pack if you ask me.

Any thoughts or tips I should be looking out for with this car? Not sure if there are any trouble spots with these cars or where to look for them.

Also is it just me or do the notch backs miss out on the love the fastbacks get?

Adam

Also is it just me or do the notch backs missing out on the love the fastbacks get?

Adam

Welcome to the site Adam. You've come to the right place for all your A Body needs. As far as that `67 Notch, just make sure you check all the problem spots.
Check the frame rails for rust through, especially at the torsion bar anchors and rear spring forward perch's. Nasty bits to try & repair. The inner fenders/ firewall rust out too. I searched your zip code in your profile and I see you live in my favorite place on Earth: San Diego. If your car is a local, forget the rust issues! The `67's have a few unique items that are one year only: gas tanks...idler arms...windshield mouldings. Nothing to scare you away though. Otherwise, just use some common sense. Try and buy the most complete car you can find. Trim items can cost a small fortune. If your not already a member, look up the Mopar Club of San Diego. The last time me & my wife we're out your way we crashed one of their meetings (Held at a Mexican resturant...) and found a ton of great people! I was wearing my Mopar Power Club of Long Island, N.Y. T-shirt and they freaked that I found them! (Actually, my wife found their web site and told me they were going to have they're meeting while we were out there!) A good support group helps ease the pain of searching for parts, as I'm SURE you know all about owning an AMC product!

Let us know how you make out with the `67 and please post pictures of your Javelin. I always thought those were cool cars!

BTW: Your right.... Fastbacks rule. :-D

Thank you for the reply. Great info to know and being out here I dont think rust should be an issue but I will of course check for everything. I will definitely be hooking up with the San Diego group. I think there is a huge MOPAR gathering up around LA in early May that I will be hitting up. Nothing like a little show car motivation.

As you requested here is a picture of the Javelin. Its a little dated but still looks like this.

Thanks
Adam

scan0002.jpg

Welcome...good taste in cars ya got there, good luck with the 4spd Barracuda. Nice Javelin, those and AMXs are cool cars.

PERFECT wheels for that car! Nice ride... And definitely check out the S.D. Mopar club. Real nice people...Nice newsletter....HUGE membership.

Good luck with the Notch!

Welcome. Nice to here you are looking for an A-body. Spring Fling is on the May 3-4 in Van Nuys. Come on out. It is a lot of fun.

-
Back