New headers for the Barracuda

-
Nice...I remember a w9 headed blue 71 demon in the mags bout 20 years ago 9.70's
Ron Silva's car. He had a spotless silver 69 (?) Valiant too, that he built a 500" small block for.
He's now on his second one-seat Demon. Drove it from socal to Vegas for the mats race, run easy nines, drove it home.
I ran his 71 heads up with my Cortina, and I got to the finish line first...... but I had to red-light to do it, lol.

Last edited:
He does some very nice work. I love following his projects on Facebook. Not sure how much of a gap you have but my heat proof diaper is right on my header and has been for years. I bought on from my track management for my big and small block.
Maybe 1/16 of an inch or a touch more, I do have some heat repelling material sewn onto the outside of a different engines diaper but also being so close makes it kinda a pain to get the diaper pulled up around that tube. I had to do the same thing to the other set too so not a huge deal it's just something I wish I didn't have to mess with but it's my fault as I insisted, lol, basically that he built these for me off of Chris's car and there are some differences between the two setups that does effect things.

-
Back