New Hemi Questions

-

robertodonnell

Reaction score
Hello all,

First, thanks for making me feel welcome when I joined this group. It's the first non Australian based forum I've joined.

I'm looking into a 5.7 Hemi conversion in my 1965 Australian built Valiant. It's basically the same as the US '64 and '65 cars.

My question, and I hope I've put this in the correct area (as I'm a newbie) is about using the factory EFI system, computer and all.

There's a lot of 5.7's for sale on eBay that include the wiring harness, all the sensors and the ECU. Can I just use the factory stuff in my ride and make it all work? I really don't want to shell out for an engine and then find out I need to replace the computer and harness if I can avoid it. I know these engines have drive by wire throttle, how do I get that to function?

Here's an example of the type of motor I'm looking at;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5-7-...s?hash=item2ea43cc495&_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

I'm in Australia, and info on these engines is a bit sketchy down here. I even asked one of the reputable importers of Mopar stuff and they were at a loss to tell me what to do.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Robert.

Hi Robert, I just came across this posting an thought I would respond since you haven't had any replies. We have shipped 3G stroker Hemis to Australia for use in modern Mopars.

There are a few ways of coping with the drive by wire system. One is to use a Ram truck accelerator which has the wire feed for the throttlebody circuit incorporated in it. Another way is to use an early Ram truck conversion box that takes the accelerator cable and converts its motion to the digital signal for the throttlebody.

If you use a truck ECM, you will want to go with a 2004 or newer so that you can fully utilize a Diablo tuner to facilitate using the 3G Hemi in another vehicle.

We can help with getting these components (accelerator, tuner, harnesses, engine) all to you.

Feel free to contact us and we will work up a quote for what ever you are interested in.

Hi Robert, I just came across this posting an thought I would respond since you haven't had any replies. We have shipped 3G stroker Hemis to Australia for use in modern Mopars.

There are a few ways of coping with the drive by wire system. One is to use a Ram truck accelerator which has the wire feed for the throttlebody circuit incorporated in it. Another way is to use an early Ram truck conversion box that takes the accelerator cable and converts its motion to the digital signal for the throttlebody.

If you use a truck ECM, you will want to go with a 2004 or newer so that you can fully utilize a Diablo tuner to facilitate using the 3G Hemi in another vehicle.

We can help with getting these components (accelerator, tuner, harnesses, engine) all to you.

Feel free to contact us and we will work up a quote for what ever you are interested in.

Nice Les,

I love Inertia Motorsports.. you guys are clearly the the front runner in 3rd gen hemi's!:king:

-
Back