new here and a lot of questions?

-

cuda64

Reaction score
Hey everyone, looking forward to getting some help from what seems to be the most informed people on the net hence why I chose to join this forum.

I have a 1964 Plymoth Barracuda, 273 with a 904 push button. I wanted to swap out to a 4bbl intake but now seeing thats gonna be a challenge. Any info there would help. How to redo an aftermarket to fit ?

Also my brother offered me up a brand new cam, its a Crane brand but stock spec for a 340. What all would i have to change in order to run something like that ? Would I have to go from solid lifters to a hydraulic ? Would I have to change pushrods from that early 273 ?
Thanks again

Hey everyone, looking forward to getting some help from what seems to be the most informed people on the net hence why I chose to join this forum.

I have a 1964 Plymoth Barracuda, 273 with a 904 push button. I wanted to swap out to a 4bbl intake but now seeing thats gonna be a challenge. Any info there would help. How to redo an aftermarket to fit ?

Also my brother offered me up a brand new cam, its a Crane brand but stock spec for a 340. What all would i have to change in order to run something like that ? Would I have to go from solid lifters to a hydraulic ? Would I have to change pushrods from that early 273 ?
Thanks again

Welcome to FABO. A stock 65 4 barrel intake will work casting #2465726. Only the 65 manifold will work because of the bolt sizes and angles that were changed in 66. You might be able to find a D4B Edelbrock. They are great manifolds but they haven't been produced for many years. What number of Crane cam do you have and what are the specs. It might be a bit big for your 273. I am a believer in the Isky E-4 cam. It's bigger than the stock 2 barrel and 4 barrel cams, has just a slight chop at idle and is stock torque convertor friendly. toolmanmike

Thanks for the info guys, Mike great build love the pics. Ive found a few options now for intakes now just have to find one haha but thank you again and im sure ill have more questions hope i dont end up bugging you guys to much

-
Back