New here. My 68 Dart GT.

-
Nice job. That thing will be a lot of fun with the big block. I'm doing a 68 Dart with a stroker small block. Your Dart looks great. Gary from Wisconsin

Cograts on your project. I like the fact that if you are not happy the first time re-doit and enjoy it better the second time arround. As you go it is really looking better by the minute.
Good Job.
Hope your numbers are better and more enjoyable.

Nice resto, i know a guy from stephenville whoe used to race on the rock Leo King, super nice guy. He ran a 65 Comet then ran a vega!

Was it a red Comet by any chance?

I remember going to Stephenville years ago (about 20 to be exact), when they used to race at the airport. There was a red comet with a 289 that used to kick some serious ***. I think it was a ragtop.

Have relatives there actually. And I ALMOST opened up a speed shop right accross the road from the strip. Had just about everything ready to go, and then they stopped racing:stop:. And that was the end to my dream of a speed shop. Oh well, some day maybe, someday.

gary

Yup that's the one. I heard of him kickin' *** with that 289. I guess he knew how to race for sure. He was from Stephenville Crossing. Boy small world isn't it!

Yup that's the one. I heard of him kickin' *** with that 289. I guess he knew how to race for sure. He was from Stephenville Crossing. Boy small world isn't it!

Wow no doubt.

Going out to stephenville was my very first exposure to drag racing. I've been hooked ever since. I SWEAR I can still hear him banging through those gears.

Used to be lots of nice cars around that part of the rock.

gary

Yes so i have heard. I know he is still building and buying and selling stuff on the side. I know he had a lot of 5 liter for stuff in his garage when i was there about 8-10 years ago. Too bad the Mopar bug never bit him!

Real nice Dart, great work. Turbine Bronze was an interesting colour choice, came out tops...my cuda was originally MM1 now I'm wondering whether I should have kept the original colour...

Real nice Dart, great work. Turbine Bronze was an interesting colour choice, came out tops...my cuda was originally MM1 now I'm wondering whether I should have kept the original colour...

Thanks
I like the color.

I wanted a different look for the car, and thought that the MM1 would look good with the white interior.

codfish

Yea man that car is bad ***. 68 Darts are beautiful. I probably never would have thought of MM1 but it looks awesome. You are doing a great job on it. So do you still have the 904 with that big engine??

No the 904 was sold with the small block.

It has a 727 now with CRT internals, and a manual VB. It's fun to drive.

codfish

No the 904 was sold with the small block.

It has a 727 now with CRT internals, and a manual VB. It's fun to drive.

codfish

I can only imagine lol. I have fun with my worn out 318 and a 727 :)

Well it's getting a little closer to being on the road again.

Got the rear finally, and bolted in. Just waiting for the brakes now. Should be here in the next day or two. Have to get a driveshaft shortened, bend up some brake lines, etc.. Hardest part right no is finding a stupid 7290-1350 conversion u-joint. I swear it's like finding hen's teeth](*,).

gary

102_6253.jpg

102_6249.jpg

102_6246.jpg

Well you,ve done good buye!You,ve been busy!Keep us posted with track times.

Well it's ben a while since I've posted here. Thought I'd give an update, as requested:wav:.

I got the Dana in, with 3.73 gears this time around. Little more street friendly.

Best 1/8 mile to date is just a 7.21, @ 95.5 MPH, spinning just a tad out of the hole. I went with a complete Caltrac set-up too, with mono springs, Caltrac bars, and their shocks front and back. Not alot of opportunity for testing though:sad:. Actually went faster shifting at 5000 than I did at 5800.

Shifting at 5800, I went a 7.31. Track manager told me to slow down, no roll bar. So I shifted at 5000, and picked up a solid tenth:finga:. SLOW DOWN?? I tried. I think it's fuel related, as it sorta sputters abit above 5200rpm, so I've asked Santa for a bigger fuel pump. One I have now only flows 90gph. New one will be 140gph. Time will tell.

Here's a short video. Enjoy.

gary

I'm from the other island..what with the zip code ???

What size were the rear sneakers in picture 2 ? did you have to tub ?

This size thing should be a stickie..I still cannot figure what is the largest size tire I can drop on mine..I think we will be going with 17 inchers..

Welcome aboard..it is nice to have another real east coaster (not Ontario that is..it drives me nutz to hear Ontario referred to as the east coast) on board..perhaps we can all meet at the nationals in Moncton..there are some great guys down here..that is..not to take away from all the great folks on this board !

Ian.

Hmmm?? Not sure where that zip code came from.

But I am living in Saskatchewan for now. MAYBE moving back east this spring. Keep me in your prayers.8)

The tires above are 325-50-15 MT drag radials. I have the Dart mini-tubbed. No chance of fitting those without some modifications.

Say hi to Bud the Spud.:-D

gary

Lots are moving back ..unfortunately for loss of jobs..there have been too many jobs lost...

My son loves the look of your car / wheel combo..gives us something to shoot for.

Fortunately, bud is still alive and kicking..for now..I think one plant is closing..

Thanks for the info.

Ian.

-
Back