New here, SF East Bay.

-

CichliDart

Well, where is it now?
Reaction score
Hello A body people.

I have had mopars since 16 and at 44 I still love them.

I am chompin at the bit right now to work on my mopars but most of them are stuck in my back yard on a hill. So in the mean time I am part shopping and researching what has changed in the last several years of me not being so active.

At the moment I have:

67 Dart GT. 273, 904, 7 1/4 rear. 9 inch drums, power steering, manual brakes. Not running. Engine and trans in this car are beyond tired. Looking at swapping out the engine and trans. Another 904 or upgrade to a 727 but long term I want to go four or five speed. Also need a front end rebuild with disc brake upgrade. I had a spare 318 and 8 3/4 rear end but my dear old dad lost it and thought I wanted to get rid of them and had them hauled off as scrap. I think I lost my mind for about a solid two weeks there. I had these parts for damn near twenty years for just this swap and he essentially threw them away! So I bought another 8 3/4 A body rear end but it is just a shell. It needs every single part but the pumpkin to make it a complete rear end again. So I am looking for axles and eventually disc brakes for this.

67 Dart GT Convertible. Originally a slant six car, I swapped a 70 340 with schumacher mounts and 727 with 8 3/4 rear. but never got it finished. So it is sitting waiting to get pulled back off the hill. Need to yank the intake back off as squirrels decided it was a great place to stash nuts for the winter! The same time I did the engine swap I swapped out the K member for a late model one. Put in the large A arms and disc brakes, added a 1 1/8 or 1 1/4 front bar. Put in a new master cylinder and old factory proportioning valve off the donor car the brakes came from. I put in some torsion bars from my old 69 dart 318 car. I did measure them at the time and they were larger than slant six bars. I never did work out one bug on the brakes. I did not have enough pedal. I think I may have the wrong pushrod so this needs to be rectified before this one is back on the street.

70 Challenger that needs back window panel to trunk replaced. Have the part just waiting for sunny weather to proceed with removing and adding the new piece. Could use advice on a welder for this project.

73 Challenger that the neighbor used as his personal hiking trail into the backyard to steal car parts and anything he could lay his hands on. Because he chose to walk across the roof the once almost new looking vinyl top is destroyed as is the roof, now water runs in where he trashed it from walking on it. So this one is a long term project that is now safe from the thief walking on it but needs to be protected from the elements.

99 Dakota R/T. Some coward hit and ran this last summer and left me with a dent in the cab and bed right below to the fuel hatch.

Glad to be here, thanks for having me! :cheers:

-Mike Gale

welcome to fabo!!!!!not far away in livermore,ever need a hand let me know.....:burnout:

Welcome to FABO ChiChliDart!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Like to see some pictures of your cars - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• Shop Passenger Side Front 3 QTR Low.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 91
Thank you for the warm welcome :)

Really look forward to meeting you local guys as well as the rest of you at swap meets and car shows over the upcoming years.

I am working on some pics right now. Nothing to get too excited over as they all need major work in some way. I left out my most recent acquisition. A 1972 Dodge van with bubble top. While not a Dart I can use it to haul them now as well as a parts runner for going to wrecking yards and Swap meets.

I took a couple of really bad cell pics of the darts in the back yard. Waiting for the phone to charge so I can upload them. Meantime here are a couple non darts pics.

Here is one of the 70 Challenger
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...01863507268.2017744.1247104898&type=3&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...01863507268.2017744.1247104898&type=3&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...27285982314.2115512.1247104898&type=1&theater

Welcome to the greatest car site in the world. :cheers:

-
Back