New here

-

carmart1975

Reaction score
Hello my name is carter i am a dumb teen with a 1975 Plymouth duster with a 71 front clip i used to be a chevy guy but could not afford it because again i am a dumb teen i was going to buy a nova but then i saw the duster for 3500 no rust clean tittle it has a slant but will be swapping a 318 into it it has 8 1/4 rear end with 3.21 gears so its a good start i got the motor and will be taking it to the machine shop.the car will be a street/strip car which i half to daily drive this car to school also, but i don't care about gas mileage its smiles per gallon for me i hope to make 425hp-500hp i heard it can be done with the 318 but 500 is a lot to ask for out of that 318 most likely i will be taking it out and stroking it out putting a 360 later down the road but for now its the 318 its is a budget build

Here are some pics to

IMG_0843.jpeg

IMG_0839.jpeg

IMG_0831.jpeg

IMG_0828.jpeg

:welcome: from :canada:

Cool Duster!

500 hp from a 318 is not going to be easy, but there are plenty of 318 fans here. Good luck!

Welcome from West Virginia.....................

I am pretty sure at one time we were all dumb teens :thumbsup: It has just been a while for a lot of us.

oh and don't forget brakes to stop that 500 hp . as a kid hp was all we thought of , until you get it going to speed . so budget hp brakes too .

Welcome from Georgia! Nice Duster. I built a 318 for my brother's '66 Barracuda a long time ago when we were in our 20's. His 318 could ALMOST run with my 340! I don't think you will end up with 500 HP unless you have deep pockets. However, that motor is very peppy with the right stuff in it. Don't over cam it. Don't use a single plane intake manifold. What ever you do, buy some headers. The drivers side exhaust manifold on a V-8 A body car has to swoop around the steering rod and it's VERY restrictive!! If you have too much cam and the wrong intake and keep the stock exhaust manifolds it will be a real pig. Hopefully this puts you in the right direction. Feel free to ask questions anytime!

Welcome to the best A-Body site on the planet!

Lots of help here from members with a lot of experience.

Get used to using the search feature to find answers to any issue that comes up.

Good chance its ben dealt with before by other members.

-
Back