New Holley Sniper sheet metal tunnel rams

-

Mopar-Man

Big Block Better Burnout
Reaction score
Well, they have them out now for SBF, SBC, and LS motors. PLEASE ask them to make one for BBM. I'd rather not run a Weiand Hi Ram like everyone else...

825071_01.jpg

The one for LS engines is a great piece. Has different tops available for carbs or EFI. Engines in the 350-370ci range usually peak in the low 7k range, 402-427ci usually peak in the mid 6k's. Not much midrange drop off either.
I would have to spend a serious amount of time with that thing before I even blessed it as workable.

The one for LS engines is a great piece. Has different tops available for carbs or EFI. Engines in the 350-370ci range usually peak in the low 7k range, 402-427ci usually peak in the mid 6k's. Not much midrange drop off either.

Did you actually use one and if so, how much did you do to it before you ran it. I can see it's not a bolt on in my world.

Did you actually use one and if so, how much did you do to it before you ran it. I can see it's not a bolt on in my world.
After looking more closely, that's not the same one. I wasn't aware that Holley is making 2 different lines of tunnel rams. The one I'm familiar with is called a Hi-ram and is cast. The Hi-ram is ready to go out of the box. Used one on the last LS I built. Followed a basic recipe that a lot of the LS guys use. Junkyard 6.0 short block, CNC factory heads, medium roller, and the Hi-ram. Most guys dyno around 600 at the crank @ 7k. Mine did 539 at the wheels, so I guess that's about right.

Get you some intake flanges and make one. The BBM is one of the easiest engines to fab an intake for.

-
Back