New Hoodscoop for the Missile

-

blue missile

Reaction score
Here is the latest version, sloped sides 6" longer and follows the contour lines of the hood. Will be welded in place and blended in later.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo191.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 177
  • Photo192.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 177
That looks cool! I think it would look neat if the scoop started at the very front of the hood where the factory contour is, then it would like a big buldge! Thanks for the new pics :toothy10:

X2 on one starting at the front of the hood contour looks cool though
dont mind the poor photo shop deal

Attachments

• missle.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 149
One of the things I really like is the 'beak' on the 73-76 Duster's hood, repetition of those lines without destroying them was what I was after.
Andrew

made max beyond thunder dome lol.

I personally don't like it....but if we all liked the same thing, the hobby would be pretty boring lol.

keep up the work and way to use your imagination and be different!:cheers:

That looks cool! I think it would look neat if the scoop started at the very front of the hood where the factory contour is, then it would like a big buldge! Thanks for the new pics :toothy10:

I agree with 66340 on the scoop. In any event, the Missile is looking good. Keep up the excellent work. I always look forward to the updates. :thumleft:

To all of you guys that have given your comments, please understand I take them VERY seriously.
This morning I went out and tried moving the scoop to the leading edge. When I did this it be came apparent that my meticulous methods of reproducing the angles and radius of the original hood were flawless at the top, but as the scoop flairs downward the corner radius gets correspondingly larger.
So the bottom of the scoop does not match the leading edge at the corners.
So I did move the scoop up a little so the back is now even with the back of the hood and will leave it there for now.
Thanks again for your suggestions
Andrew

-
Back