New Hubs 9" 5 X 4

-

CaseyW

Reaction score
Hey Hey,

In the middle of a Scarebird disc brake conversion and my hubs are shot. The outside race on both wheels wore down the hub and are now extremely loose. Is there a source for new hubs?

Hi there,

I am also in the process of converting my 9" to Scarebird discs, but having problem with 5x4 SPB hole size on the disc, as they are 1/2" holes and the studs are 7/16" so they do not fit and disc seems to play a little.

I was wondering if you have any issues with this also, and have you overcome this.

Thank you and appreciate any feed back, or photos of your new disc, if complete.

Your PM box is full, so could not PM you.
Ali (cadboy)

Hi there,

I am also in the process of converting my 9" to Scarebird discs, but having problem with 5x4 SPB hole size on the disc, as they are 1/2" holes and the studs are 7/16" so they do not fit and disc seems to play a little.

I was wondering if you have any issues with this also, and have you overcome this.

Thank you and appreciate any feed back, or photos of your new disc, if complete.

Your PM box is full, so could not PM you.
Ali (cadboy)
the bore centric ring doesnt center the discs?

the bore centric ring doesnt center the discs?
I haven't gotten that far yet. I had thought the holes were drilled for 7/16", maybe i'm wrong. I'd just email scarebird, although when i asked them a question they were kind of jerks and referred me to the instructions rather than answering my question. The back of the hubs are countersunk on the 5X4 pattern, hopefully when you snug down the lugs it will center the rotor on the lugs. I'll have some time this weekend, hopefully, to keep working on the install and let you know what happens.

Thanks for that lead. I already purchased a set that was cleaned and painted for $40.
glad to hear your moving forward

be sure to keep me posted, i got a set of scarebirds sitting on the shelf for when i feel up to it

I haven't gotten that far yet. I had thought the holes were drilled for 7/16", maybe i'm wrong. I'd just email scarebird, although when i asked them a question they were kind of jerks and referred me to the instructions rather than answering my question. The back of the hubs are countersunk on the 5X4 pattern, hopefully when you snug down the lugs it will center the rotor on the lugs. I'll have some time this weekend, hopefully, to keep working on the install and let you know what happens.

I got in contact with Scarebird and the answer was the hole on rotor are bigger but there should be no problem!
I don't believe them and there is a problem rotor does not centre and fix proper so my mechanic tells me.
Please get photos and show us when you have done your change.
thank you

I got in contact with Scarebird and the answer was the hole on rotor are bigger but there should be no problem!
I don't believe them and there is a problem rotor does not centre and fix proper so my mechanic tells me.
Please get photos and show us when you have done your change.
thank you
i wonder if you guys may be overthinking this?

there is a ring that comes with them, it goes in between the hub and the disc, and allows the disc to center on the hub
once that is done, it really shouldnt matter how big the holes for the studs are

I have to check the parts then I don't remember this ring.

Thanks

-
Back