new in town

-

bd1155

Reaction score
hi,I am new to this forum .I recently purchased a 68 Formula-s barracuda for restoration.It is a 340 auto with bench seat column shift and factory air.There is no fender tag and I would like to know where is the best place to research this car.Google search has not turned up much except generic info.Any help would be appreciated.

hi,I am new to this forum .I recently purchased a 68 Formula-s barracuda for restoration.It is a 340 auto with bench seat column shift and factory air.There is no fender tag and I would like to know where is the best place to research this car.Google search has not turned up much except generic info.Any help would be appreciated.

Gonna be rough without that fender tag. Restored cars have it because it has all the option codes. A prospective buyer down the road may ask how do i know this is the original color or options.

Lots of people make clone cars. they take a slant six car and load it up with desirable options, then try to peddle it as something it isnt. The Vin should give the engine size. I imagine the 340 wasnt avail in any bcuda except the formula s. So this helps,

Absense of the fender.tag will hurt you on resale, unless you know who has it and you can reunite it with the car, or if you have the paper broadcast.sheet that.came with the car.

If not and you dont care about originality, then build it the way you want and enjoy it for what it is, a cool old car.

My 67 started life as a slant 6 notchback. The fender tag was missing by thre time i got it, but i didnt care. I bought it to make a hot rod out of it.

Welcome to fabo

There was a thread elsewhere here about a person/company who made fender tags. You just had to provide something like a build sheet to reference off.

Have you looked under the rear bench seat or seat back for the broadcast sheet? If you find that, then a replacement fender tag can be made. Without it, you may never be able to substantiate any of the car's options except for engine size (as that is part of the VIN).

Good luck and welcome!!!

I did look under the back bench,but maybe under the carpet on the fold down backrest.Did I mention it was a fastback?The vin does indicate 340 and factory air though.I'ts gonna be a great car regaurdless.It has 66,000 original miles,has been parked since 1974 and I am the third owner[not counting the mice I evicted] thanks for the responces

Welcome to the site! Not sure about a barracuda, but I found my build sheet under the driverside carpet behind the rearseat taped to floor board on my dart.

You might look under the dash, or even on top of the fuel tank. The build sheet may be in one of those places. Just my .02.

-
Back