New Intake Installed!!!

-

Darius

Darius
Reaction score
Well, I did it! Installed an edlebrock RPM Air Gap on my 340.First time I ever tried something of this magnitude. AND IT WORKS!!!!!
Thanks to all of you for the pointers that helped me through it.
There is one ***** I have about edelbrock however. I spent a bunch of hours and trips to several part stores looking for the heater hose connector for the new manifold (old one was just not going to come out). It is some off the wall size like 15/16 or something and I finally found a guy at the Napa store who found a big rig truck fitting that worked. Why couldn't edelbrock supply such an odball fitting with the manifold???
Another beef is that I couldn't get a socket or box end on two of the manifold bolts because the casting was too close to the bolt hole. Wouldn't you think that should be a high priority QC item???
The unit does work nice though.
Next week I'll post up some shots of my babys new shoes....15" ralleys with chrome trim rings and smoke colored hubs, Goodrich Radial T/S's 225/60-15
Very Beautimus!!!
Darius

Darius said:
Well, I did it! Installed an edlebrock RPM Air Gap on my 340.First time I ever tried something of this magnitude. AND IT WORKS!!!!!
Thanks to all of you for the pointers that helped me through it.
There is one ***** I have about edelbrock however. I spent a bunch of hours and trips to several part stores looking for the heater hose connector for the new manifold (old one was just not going to come out). It is some off the wall size like 15/16 or something and I finally found a guy at the Napa store who found a big rig truck fitting that worked. Why couldn't edelbrock supply such an odball fitting with the manifold???
Another beef is that I couldn't get a socket or box end on two of the manifold bolts because the casting was too close to the bolt hole. Wouldn't you think that should be a high priority QC item???
The unit does work nice though.
Next week I'll post up some shots of my babys new shoes....15" ralleys with chrome trim rings and smoke colored hubs, Goodrich Radial T/S's 225/60-15
Very Beautimus!!!
Darius

How does it feel? A little more throttle response?

LJS30 said:
How does it feel? A little more throttle response?

There is alittle better response. I need to do some tweaking to get my linkage just right, then I know it will perform just right

Glad you got that nice intake on Darius.
I have seen and dun the same problem on the bolts being to large.
I have used Allen head bolts on a 318 before and had no problem.
Just use a heavy washer with them and they look good too.
This was about 12 years ago.
Congratulations :thumbup:

had the same problem with the fittings but i got a friend is a machinist he mad my hole s what ever size i needed , i love the intake like a new motor lol

Bolt holes are just that way, gotta give up something when you get something. As far as the fitting, i got mine at Napa as well. It probably won't be all that much better than the stock intake if the rest of the engine is purely stock. You now have room to upgrade however :D

-
Back