New Jersey Mechanics

-

Fishercuda

Reaction score
After weeks of exhausting my resources, I've come no further in solving my starting issue with my barracuda. It continues to turn over, but does not fire. It's getting gas, but there is no spark. It's an electronic ignition. I tried a new coil, which worked briefly, but the moment I turned it off, it wouldn't start again.

In an initial inquiry on this site, I had mentioned that the car ran perfectly fine the night before and failed to start the morning after.

One thing to note, when I installed the ignition (a Pertronix II with a III coil) I did remove the ballast resistor. That may very well be the problem here, but the car ran fine for several months until this problem came on.

I'm hoping that someone on here who lives in New Jersey (near the south orange area) or New York, can recommend a mechanic as I'm at my wits end and miss driving her terribly.

Cheers,

Fisher

Im in NJ but in Morris county. I've worked on a lot of NY cars in my earlier years (20+ years ago). 69 440 road runner and 70 challenger 440 6 pack car for them. But any way. If you want to tow it out here I'll look at it for you. But the first thing I would do is get a new electronic ign set and try that. Or just try a points dist and see if it runs again. Maybe the timing chain went. But you have no spark.

-
Back