New job at Mopar dealer

-
Sweet. How old a dealership? How far back do their parts book go?

Congrats on the job.
I personally miss working in a Mopar parts room. You will find there are more challenges than you may think. There will also be more opportunity's to get "hands on" than you think. You should get used to the idea that you are the company bad guy, babysitter, money man, miracle worker and general asshole.
Star Parts is your friend (when it's up, and running) and is miles ahead of the paper catalog. But, you can't write note on the side of the pages like a paper catalog. Thanks to me though, you can enter notes on certain pages. I suggested it when it was in it's pilot phase and the idea stuck.
ARO is a pain in the *** unless watched.
Watch D2D requests, as they can cost you money to sell a part. Get your Parts Mgr to look at the requests before approving them. That'll make him happy your looking out for his IPP (inventory protection plan).
Don't be afraid to learn something new. Get someone who's been cutting keys awhile to cut Sentry keys. You need to **** up a few cheapies before you cut a $150 key.
You will have dreams about part #'s. Get real used to 5281090AB.
If you have any questions, ask.

way to go Mike, and I liked the employee discounts on parts when I was working at one.

Congrats. I have been working at a large Dodge Dealer out here for around 9 years now. I sit behind a computer all day inputing warranty claims and trying to collect the bux back from Chrysler.

-RPM

Once you get the hang of it it will be fun. I promise! Should I start my parts want list now or wait? He He!

John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas

-
Back