New Kid on the block

-

ras4434

Reaction score
Hello all...I have been lurking for some time and to step up to the plate and get involved......Well that and I am about to start a project and would like to do something different this time.....like doing it right the first time. I have a 67 Barracuda fast back with a significant amount of rust and a 68 Barracuda fastback with no rust and no running gear. I plan to take the good unibody and put it on the good frame, front end and rear end. Any suggestions about the swap??????

Welcome to FABO!!!

If i'm understanding you correctly........you need to build the 68' fastback, and use the 67' as a parts car???

Welcome! , not saying it's impossible ( maybe hangin' tough ) :D , but why wouldn't you just take the good stuff off the 67 and build the 68? Not too familiar with earlier A-bodies ( I understand that there may be small differences but I'm not familiar with them ) , but seems like less work to build the 68. Unibody inherently means that the frame and body are unified ( effectively built as one piece ) and are difficult to un-unify :lol: .
Having done some mild rust repair myself, make ABSOLUTELY sure it's ALL gone, or it'll come back if you decide to use the 67 as the base...

-
Back