NEW MEMBER: '71 Dodge Demon

-
^^^

Are you looking for place just to buy the paint itself and then a place to do the paint and body on the car? The place that does the paint is the place the buys and chooses, or chooses with you, the paint.

Actually both. The owner of the shop I visited on last week says they buy the paint once I give them the color. Said once we got the color(s) understood he takes it to get it matched...uses/recommends PPG. Will be in more detail once I reach that stage. Right now the Demon is scheduled for the trip to the mechanic the 2nd wknd of August...

Welcome to FABO and even more importantly get that Demon up here to N. Alabama. I have a 71 Drag Demon in progress and a 68 FB fish torn down for painting. You have found the right place for Mopar info and help. As for the dash, look at Classic Industries website - they repop then for $449.

For paint you should contact Keith Morrell over by the Limestone prison - he loves painting Mopars. I can get you his number or when you are gonna be in the area on a Sat AM I can carry you over there. I live in Toney about 3 miles north of the track. You need to get the engine out of the front to properly paint the car, and do the trunk at the same time. Actually to do it right you basically need to take the car apart and do the door jams, inside the front fenders, all of the engine compartment but not the K frame or suspension, and the trunk including the underside of the lid, and under the hood. I suggest keeping the orig color if the car is still numbers matching.

Do not ever sell it unless you give me first crack. If you do sell it you will regret it later.

I have a bunch of small block parts.

Anybody else notice the shark tooth grill on the Duster? This guy is HOOKED UP!!!

Do not ever sell it unless you give me first crack. If you do sell it you will regret it later.

I have a bunch of small block parts.

Anybody else notice the shark tooth grill on the Duster? This guy is HOOKED UP!!!

Thanks for the contact info/tips and thanks for liking the car. It's possible I will like to talk regarding your small block parts list. You got anything for a 340?

<You got anything for a 340? >

Just a running 69 340, pump gas, carb to pan, and a set of ported Eddy heads, pushrods, Comp 292H (purple plus) cam that came off my 416, and a set of new lifters.

You need to lose the power brakes IMO.

I'd like to see your car when you get it up here. the Duster too!

Better view of shifter and hood:
Nice!! take a pic of the hood before you paint it so when guys come up to you and tell you your hood is wrong because its missing the thin border on the blackout you can prove them wrong. Looks like a few demons came through that way whats the build date on the car?? Also try to save the original hood i see hood pins on the rear but any good body guy should be able to repair that.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 106
-
Back