new member - another Ohio guy

-

Optik

Reaction score
:-DHello everyone!
My name is Tim and I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. Just recently rescued a 50k mile survivor 1964 Dart from my friends garage where it sat for about 10 years. Original /6 pushbutton car. Put a '77 360/727 combo in it and its been on the road for a couple weeks now. I wish I would have found this forum sooner but oh well. Anyway I'm here to learn more about a-bodies and in particular the early A's. Also my car is a Golden Anniversary special. How rare are these?
thanks,
-Tim
p.s. here is a picture (hope this works)
1350362969_l.jpg

1350362969_l.jpg

1350362969_l.jpg

Looks like you've got a nice car to start with. Lots of info available in this forum. Many of the members have gone through engine conversions, so you've come to the right place. Welcome: Howard

Optik, welcome to FABO. Thats a nice '64 you have. You may want to upgrade the rear to an 8 1/4 or 8 3/4 if you still have the 7 1/4. The 7 1/4 won't last long behind a stout 360. Is that the original paint? Hows the interior? Good luck with it. Theres a few '64 dart owners here. I have a '64 Valiant. Mike

Welcome. Nice 64 you got there. You will find all the answers here as there are a lot of the early Dart owners on this site.

can anyone comment on the Golden Anniversary package? Is this just a trim package deal or what. The car has original paint under the top layer, it was repainted before i bought it and they tried to match the original color. Interior is also the champagne-ey color. Bucket seats in front, need new covers. the rear seat is awesome. door panels are so-so.

This car is definitely nothing more than a street sleeper. Its got the usual rust in the floors and a little here and there on the body. I've been driving it daily since i got it up and running about six weeks ago. I plan on keeping the exterior as it is, rust and all, to keep it looking like gramma's car until its blowing past you, and only upgrading the drivetrain and related components for performance. The goal with this car is to make a vehicle that can take out most of the modded out fox-body mustangs that like to race around here, yet still fly under the radar, so to speak.

Welcome optik.
If there is a golden Anniversary package, These guy's here will know.
just give them time to make it back to the computer.
That is a nice dart and you will like all these good folk's here.
Take a look around and enjoy your self.

Welcome! I am from Cincinnati, but live just accross the boarder in Indiana now... still drive to the Nati everyday for work...

-
Back