New member from Australia with a 73 Duster

-

trop

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thought I better join up and say hi since I'v been lurking around for a few months since I got my hands on my 73 Duster.

This is my ride

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0307-1.jpg

It was featured in Mopar Muscle mag back in the day and it was a one owner car at the time. (http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/featuredvehicles/b_body/mopp_0201_plymouth_duster/)

It's still numbers matching, in excellent condition and it runs strong & clean. I'v just completed a 4 day trip where I covered 1894km (1176 miles) and it didn't skip a beat.

If anyone happens to know the original owner of this car or any of its history, I'd love any details at all.

Nice Car. Glad to have you as a member.

NICE Duster ! Welcome to the site .

Thanks for the welcomes!

The vegemite is an acquired taste but something you grow to love as an aussie!

Cheers!

The duster is a very rare car over here, you see a few B & E body cars around but American A body cars are very few and far between. I went on a cruise last weekend with around 500 other American cars and there were only 4-5 A bodies there in total compared with 100+ each for the mustang's and camaro's.

When this came up for sale and I saw the condition it is in, I had to have it!

The duster is a very rare car over here, you see a few B & E body cars around but American A body cars are very few and far between. I went on a cruise last weekend with around 500 other American cars and there were only 4-5 A bodies there in total compared with 100+ each for the mustang's and camaro's.

Nothing unusual there, that's the same ratio we have her in the states! LOL

G'day mate!
Welcome to FABO. Nice pics of a nice Duster.

Lots of good blokes here and lots of knowledge that they don't mind sharing.
Very little BS here too.

Ya not from Harrington Park are ya?
Gary

Hi Gary,

I'm from Griffith in rural NSW. As far as I'm aware this car wouldn't have been up Sydney way at all, previous owner was from Melbourne and he only did a couple hundred miles in the two years he had it.

I will do a run Sydney next year, planning on getting in some good road trips in this car. Any good Chrysler meets to aim for?

Nothing unusual there, that's the same ratio we have her in the states! LOL
there are ALOT more mopars around here now than say 10 years ago we could have a mopar only show here on pei and we only have a pop of a little more than 120 thousand for the whole island . that's a beautiful duster and black looks so hot . welcome to a great site

Ah, yeah, Griffith - I can smell the grass from here (or should I be polite and only talk wines) LOL.

I mentioned Harrington Park because my daughter sent me shots of a black Duster there just recently.

Anyway, nice car you got enjoy it.

Up here All Chrysler Day would be the best bet by far.

Enjoy your car!

Welcome.....great to have ya aboard, Trop......beautiful duster too. That's extra rare, being a 340 and a black car. Pretty cool score, you got a one-owner car that was featured in a car mag.

Boy, those are some small license plates!

Welcome.....great to have ya aboard, Trop......beautiful duster too. That's extra rare, being a 340 and a black car. Pretty cool score, you got a one-owner car that was featured in a car mag.

Boy, those are some small license plates!

The small plates are because the car is on "club" rego. Basically you have to be a member of a registered car club and the car must be over 30 years old. We get very cheap rego and insurance (under $300 a year for my Duster, compared to $8-900+) but have extra restrictions on usage, ie I can cruise all I want Fri, sat, sun but the other days of the week we are only supposed to drive them for maintenance purposes.

Do you guys have a similar thing in the states?

-
Back