New member from DE

-

Mojos66

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've seen this site awhile back but never registered as I wasn't sure on the direction I was heading with my 66 Barracuda. I'm still not sure but I have a few options on the table.

So i guess I'll start from the beginning. I purchased my 66 in 95 from a gentleman in Southern Cali who used to bracket race with it. The car is an original Formula S w/ a 273 Commando and 904 LA tranny. I am the third owner and added a B&M shifter, VDO gauges, and an Eddlebrock 650 4 barrel carb shortly after buying her. In 97 I got orders and moved to outside of Fairbanks AK. In 2000 I added a PST suspension system w/polyurethane bushings, KYB gas shocks, heavy duty torsion bars and heavy duty leaf springs. I gutted the interior and did some minor body work, I installed a Wilwood disc brake conversion kit and new gas tank. in 03 I got orders to Germany and towed the car to Chicago. In 09 I got back to the states and towed her up to the East Coast where she's been sitting ever since.

So I'm here because I'm at a cross roads roads. I have an option to trade her for an 89 Ramcharger with about the same amount of work needing to be done to get it where I would want it. The guy has a 66 Barracuda donor car and will get mine back on the road a lot sooner than I can.

I figure I can reach out to some of you A body fans and either get the motivation, help with resources and or advice with getting the 66 back on the road. If nothing else telling me to cut my loses and go for the Ramcharger.

Sorry if this was a long intro. Hope to get to know some of you guys.

Mojo

5448255778.html

-
Back