New Member from Detroit Area

-
O
He said the car was redone as a 1968 383 formula S. That might be the reason it looks like a '68 with the round side markers. Just a thought.

Hard to believe that as old of a redo as that car looks to have, that they would have the where with all to add the front and rear window trim, redrill the trunk lid for the trim, not only install the side markers but also wire them as there would be no pigtail at all for a marker light!! Like to see the dash to see if it has the thumbwheel radio and the lower dash pad! The car also has the 68 interior, which is very dated and has speaker holes cut in the doors! I don't know, I still think something's funny with the VIN, people just didn't go to that level to clone a car back then! Geof

O

Hard to believe that as old of a redo as that car looks to have, that they would have the where with all to add the front and rear window trim, redrill the trunk lid for the trim, not only install the side markers but also wire them as there would be no pigtail at all for a marker light!! Like to see the dash to see if it has the thumbwheel radio and the lower dash pad! The car also has the 68 interior, which is very dated and has speaker holes cut in the doors! I don't know, I still think something's funny with the VIN, people just didn't go to that level to clone a car back then! Geof

I guess time will tell, but there are a lot of weird Mopar guys out there. I've see stranger things done to Mopars. Hopefully this isn't one of them.

O

I'm going to have to agree with Geoff on this one, there are way too many '68 parts on that to be a '67. Is the VIN tag on the dash? Or down in the drivers door jamb?

I'm going to have to agree with Geoff on this one, there are way too many '68 parts on that to be a '67. Is the VIN tag on the dash? Or down in the drivers door jamb?

Good point on the VIN tag location Mike!! That would surely narrow it down!! Still like to see the dash, if it has the 68 cluster that would mean that they also had to change the speedo cable, another change not typical of the period!! Geof

-
Back