New member from FL ? N.C.!

-

Chuck West

Reaction score
Hello all!

New member here and I live in FL, but also have a business in N.C.
(Partenership at US Car Tool!)

I have a Pro Street, '70 Pink Duster with a 470 B.B. stroker and I have a '70 Cuda, 440+6, shaker, dana, auto w column shift, lemon twist yellow, black vinyl top, black hockey's, black interior. You may have seen the Cuda on My Classic Car or American Muscle Car tv shows.
I've worked in the industry in a variety of ways. Mopar Muscle magazine, American Muscle Car tv show, The Paddock and was the Curator of a private collection of historically significant race cars! I'm now a part owner of US Car Tool!

Hope to see some of you at the Nats and or, at other events coming up.
Look forward to learning a lot here and making new friends!
All the best,
Chuck West
www.USCarTool.com

Hey Chuck, I remember you and your 'cuda from the Paddock days. I had the '71 Bahamma yellow 'Cuda. Hope all is well.

Thanks for the nice welcome everyone! Much appreciated!
I'm from the St.Pete / Clearwater area.
Anyone else from there? Or the Durham, N.C. area for that matter?

Just an FYI! Friend Herb McCandless & Family, along with Richard Petty are doing a way cool Mopar show in a few months (September), at the Piedmont Drag Strip!
They're going to have a start off breakfast at Petty's Garage, then everyone lines up and we all cruise over to Piedmont, where there's a big car show, drag racing, swap area and a Manufacturers Mid Way, for vendors!
Should be a blast and a once in a life time deal! Herb and Richard are friends, but I'm pretty sure they've never done a show where they both helped put it together!

Hope to see you all there! Or at the Nats!?
Thanks again,
Chuck West

Cool Larry! Pretty sure I remember your '71 too!
Those were some fun days! Hard to imagine you do yourself in, as a by product of our success!? (meaning the Paddock days! :))
Hope you are doing well!

Chuck

welcome and i will check the piedmont show/swap out...thanks for tha heads up.

Welcome Chuck from the other side of the bridge almost in Plant City.
But my Dad works in downtown Tampa.
If you been in the area for awhile you probably seen his Go Mango 68 Charger R/T with Black interior and stripe delete that he has had together since 91 or so.

Planning on going to Garlitts in November up in Ocala?

Thanks Everyone!
trapster, thanks! I think you'll be impressed how your car handles once they're on!
If you have any questions, before, during or after, just contact Chris at our shop @ 919-855-8200, 9am-6am (EST). We don't just sell and disappear!

74DARTSWINGER360, Don't get to Plant City very often, but I've been in the area a long time! I'm sure I've seen your Dad's Charger at some of the local shows or Garlits. Outstanding car!

MIKEBEE, If you get a chance to attend, please come over and say hi. I'll either be at our booth or with the original Sox & Martin cars.

roadrunnerh, Thanks! I've never heard anything bad about FABO, so I'm sure you're right! It's that reason, I decided to join up. My passion is Mopars! I'm sure others here are on the same page!

R4SEDAN, You stated 'had'? above! As in, you no longer have the '71 Cuda? Hope you do, or at least, still have a Mopar! :)

Abodybomber, American Graffiti! Was the 1st movie date my Wife and I ever went on! Think it was in '76 or '78? :) Now we've been married since '81 Great movie!

Tony Fields, Nice B' Cuda! :) Wife is from Kokomo, Ind.

Oklacarcollecto, sweet Bike! I had an Orange Krate a long time ago!

67Cudafb, St.Pete / Clearwater and you? I see a Fl FABO meet up before too long!
Maybe see if we can get friends at Mopar Muscle magazine (Randy Bolig & Dave Young), to meet all of us too!? Would be a blast, I'm sure!

Thanks all!
Chuck West
www.USCarTool.com

Thanks for the nice welcome everyone! Much appreciated!
I'm from the St.Pete / Clearwater area.
Anyone else from there? Or the Durham, N.C. area for that matter?

Just an FYI! Friend Herb McCandless & Family, along with Richard Petty are doing a way cool Mopar show in a few months (September), at the Piedmont Drag Strip!
They're going to have a start off breakfast at Petty's Garage, then everyone lines up and we all cruise over to Piedmont, where there's a big car show, drag racing, swap area and a Manufacturers Mid Way, for vendors!
Should be a blast and a once in a life time deal! Herb and Richard are friends, but I'm pretty sure they've never done a show where they both helped put it together!

Hope to see you all there! Or at the Nats!?
Thanks again,
Chuck West

Hi Chuck and welcome to FABO. If you could post the into about the show in the Events section, it would be great. I am in Concord, NC having recently moved there from near Raleigh. Met Herb at the Grill 57 cruise-in and what a great guy. Hope I can make the show.

Hi Chuck and welcome to FABO. If you could post the into about the show in the Events section, it would be great. I am in Concord, NC having recently moved there from near Raleigh. Met Herb at the Grill 57 cruise-in and what a great guy. Hope I can make the show.

SpikeWills69 > Sorry it took so long to reply back! Just been super busy!

The McCandless / Petty Event, is being held on Sept. 15, 2013, at Piedmont Dragway! It starts out with a breakfast at Petty's Garage and then a cruise to Piedmont Dragway.

Hope to see you there!

I'll either be at our booth (US Car Tool), or over with the Sox & Martin cars.
Hope you get a chance to attend and if so, come over and say hello!

Herb McCandless and the whole Family are super people! Met Herb the 1st time during my Mopar Muscle magazine days and then a ton, during the American Muscle Car tv show. At the time we ended the show, Herb was on the show more times than anyone! He's a great guy and he really knows his stuff!
Marie, Herb's Wife, is a super person as well!

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Chuck West

www.USCarTool.com

Hey Chuck,
Randy had a Car Show at Mopar Muscle HQ last month or so. He hangs out with the car club I run with "The Bratpack".
Here a link to some pics of the Charger: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=6680

74DartSwinger360 > Randy has a show at least once a year at the SORC Headquarters! I made a few other events there, but missed Randy's! Go figure!
Lol!

I'm pretty well aware of the 'Bratpack', as I've known quite a few members for a while! Jack Morton, for one!
Again, great Charger!

If I'm in town during the next event / cruise, I'll try to make it over!

Thanks again,

Chuck West

www.USCarTool.com

-
Back