New member from Massachusetts

-

Capecodcuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m new to the forum and to Mopars (unless we go back 42 years when I sold my ’67 Barracuda Formula S Notchback). It seems like this website has some great information and very knowledgeable members so I’m looking forward to learning as much as I can.

I’ve recently picked up a ’67 Formula S convertible. The car has had a rough life and I’m hoping to freshen it up. I’m trying to decipher the data tag but have had some difficulty running things down completely.

Attached is a picture of the data tag (and a poor picture of the car). Below is what I think I’ve figured out so far:
CategoryCodeMeaning
b4Front bucket seats
j4Body sill moulding
F7Formula S
M2Assembly line number 2
R1AM radio
T7Tachometer
Y1Black convertible top
Ax43.23 Axle
TRMH6WBlack? Vinyl (Website tpocr.com
says H5W/H6W= White/Black
PNTAA1A= Buffed Silver Metallic
UBS Upper Door Frame and accent Stripe ColorsB8?
At bottom of tag:
BH27Convertible
32Engine = 273 4 barrel
3Trans= 4 speed
285Tire Size and Type
Shipping Order#: Scheduled Production125Schedule Production January 25?
02193Production sequence

A few questions:

• Does the TRM code of “H6W” mean it had a plain black interior or was it two-tone black and white? If I put that code through the realdash.net decoder, it says “White on Black Interior”. If it White on Black, does anyone have pictures of that layout?
  • Does the PNT code of “AA1” mean anything other than the exterior color was Buffed Silver Metallic? I’m seeing some references on a “1967 Plymouth Accent Stripes” card on Hamtramck-historical website that the “H6W” code may indicate a black accent stripe- does that sound right?
  • I’m assuming the upper door frame color was probably black but does the UBS code of “B8” have any further meaning to it?
  • The transmission that’s in the car has an October 1967 manufacture date which doesn’t seem to jive with the “125” (January 25) scheduled production date on the data tag unless that was January 1968- is that possible?
I’d appreciate any insights on any of the above and look forward to participating here.

Thanks,

Steve

Data tag.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

Welcome to the site! Glad you are back into a Mopar! And remember, your first like came from 318WR :)

Formula S 4spd vert is VERY rare! I had 69, it was 1 of 34. I'm curious the numbers on yours? Congrats and welcome! :thumbsup:

-
Back