New member from Oregon

-

Spikeophant

Reaction score
Hello, new member from Oregon, as the title states. I have a couple of A-bodies, a 73 Dart my dad and I work on sometimes; it's mostly done but needs paint; I have done a lot of work to that one. I'm getting ready to pull a 1966 Dart 270 Sedan out of storage and turn it back into a daily driver, it was my first car and I have drug it around since and never built it. I just ordered a The Right Stuff front power disk brake conversion kit. It was a manual drum brake car. So that and torsion bars from PST are the first job on it, along with shocks and anything else it looks like it needs up there. After that's complete, I will order a fabbed 8 3/4 from Moser and get it under it. Once I have a rolling chassis, I plan to build a 408 out of a 360 magnum and find a 727 or 999 auto to put behind it. I do not plan to do any body work, or interior work, other than possibly a new column, before I put it on the road, will be a little rough, but fun as heck. I also have some subframe connectors already and a few other rigidity upgrades planned.

I come from a Mopar family. My sister has a '16 Challenger R/T, and my dad has a few cool ones, but a 64 Sport Fury and 64 Barracuda are his favorites. My '73 has had the engine gone through and rebuilt, trans done, some of the front suspension rebuilt, rust all repaired (floor pans, trunk pan, quarters, etc), and is a slant six auto car. I will eventually swap that one for a v8, but I have fond memories of driving my Slant Six 66 as a kid, so I wanted to build a Slant Six driver when I started the '73 project.

great to have you join . i've got a 64 cuda i'm in process of assembling it with a 340 4spd 8 3/4 , it was a 273 4spd 7 1/4 car . still flying the oem black paint

Scan0013_0013.jpg

Scan0014_0014.jpg

Scan0015_0015.jpg

Scan0013_0013.jpg

Welcome let’s see some pics. I’m down the road in Springfield. I’ve got a 65 and a 69 Dart. Dustin

Welcome let’s see some pics. I’m down the road in Springfield. I’ve got a 65 and a 69 Dart. Dustin
Heh my name is also Dustin. I don't have any pics of the 66 right now, I need to go trailer it home, but need to clean my garage out first. I live in an apartment, I don't think they're gonna be too happy I build this in my garage, but I'll do it with the door shut, I already have the engine and trans out.

This is the 73, it's had more work done since this was taken.

I ordered the brake kit this week, so I'd like to get the car here this weekend, or maybe next, so I can get started.

-
Back