new member from the UK

-

Bozwell

Reaction score
Hi.

hopefully in the next couple of months i shall have a 1966 Barracuda sitting on my drive. it'll need work and probably i'll need to source parts from the USA. the early Barracudas are quite rare in the UK so hopefully some of you may help me in the future :D

many years ago i used to smoke around in a '68 Barracuda (about 25 years ago)

2534d936-bd3a-4b9f-8bde-d9d8ce346875_zps804a62b9.jpg

imported into the UK in 1970. 318 with 4 on the floor but a quick registration number check and it hasn't been around since 2005. anyway i thought it about time to own another American motor.

i restore and race prepare old cars for a living. mainly 50's and 60's Jaguars with the odd AC Cobra or GT40 thrown in

one i restored winter 2011

DSCF5166Small.jpg

DSCF5264Small.jpg

it spent 30 years in the British National Motor Museum looking like this before being restored to as it looked when new v

DSCF4791Small.jpg

but our main speciality is 50's XK, CType,Dtype and Etype Jaguars :D

many thanks

Barry

Welcome from North Carolina and enjoy the site. My first cuda was a 66, good luck with it and share photos when you get it.

cheers for the welcomes. plenty on this site to look at and read :D

plan is to keep the Barracuda fairly stock to begin with and just tidy it up. i also plan to get a towbar fitted to tow my other project around

a 1967 Honda S800 with a Honda S2000 F20c drivetrain

DSCF5465Small.jpg

DSCF4576.jpg

had this little car for six years already and still a way to go. plan is to keep this and the Barracuda for a very long time :thumleft:

Welcome. Your honda looks awesome! Perhaps you may be able to help me with a part I want for my mg. Looking for an austin marina bellhousing to fit a fully synchronized spitfire gearbox behind my 1275cc motor. Where in England are you? I was born in reading and have family near London. Thanks.

chap at work is big into Marinas so i'll ask if he has a spare bellhousing (or knows of one)

i'm on the south coast not far from Hastings.

You have some seriously cool metal in that garage..the Honda is neat too :)

Welcome aboard..

Grassy

Thank you much Boswell. All the marina's on this side of the pond came with the 1500 motor so need one from the European model that came with the 1275cc.. send me a pm please if your friend can lay a hand on one.

-
Back