New member here. (1971 Plymouth Duster)

-

340Dust-her

Reaction score
Hello. Just to make short talk. I have a 1971 plymouth duster with a 340 engine. Originally it was a 318. It has a donor 340 from a 68' barricuda(I know this displeases most you,lol) It was my brothers second car in the late 70's and he has since passed it on to me. It has a 73' grill and isnt exactly in mint shape, but it does have that dodge interior smell. Looking to make a name here and become a serious member.8)

Not the best of pictures, but i should come up with decent ones come summer.

duster.jpg

duster2.jpg

This is a good site, Good looking duster the 340's a plus and i don't like em mint then you don't won't to drive it,welcome

Thanks guys. I have a question. In the 70's my brother has done some stuff to it, which he regrets. Removed some of the stock stuff and threw in aftermarket stuff. He knows for a fact that the rearend was from a 73' Duster. While i doubt its a dana60, would it be possible that its a 8 3/4 rear? Any way to be accurate. How does one measure?

if you get under the car and the gear chunk unbolts from the front you have a 8 3/4. 8 3/4's dont have a back plate.

Here are some pics...there is no rear cover on an 8 3/4, gears drop out from the front.

6989_1.jpg

089a_1.jpg

Welcome a 73 Duster would have a 7.25 or 8.25 and would also be the larger 4.5" bolt pattern. However the from unless upgraded to 73 and up parts would be the 4" bolt pattern.

Oh ok. It's def. not a 8 3/4. It has bolts and a backing plate cover. I don't see an ID tag, so how can i measure the provisions to see if its a a 8.25 or 7.25.

Is that your duster in the pictures if so its not a '71 unless your brother put a '73 nose on a '71..as for the 340 probably the best motor you'll ever own

could have been clipped.

What are the first six of the VIN?

ex.
VL29G3

-
Back