New Member Introduction - 1971 GSS Demon

-
We pass through Rosendale on our way to/from Jefferson each fall & spring. We stop at the BP every single time. Safe to assume you hit the Jeffy swaps?
Yes we do go to Jefferson. I had the Demon there a couple times now, my rat rod 1 time. I have had it to Iola 1 time too. Do you go to Mopars in the Park in MN? Now that is a great one

Do you go to Mopars in the Park in MN? Now that is a great one
I haven't been to that one, but Pat & Chuck--I'm sure you know who they are, even if you don't know their names--have mentioned that we should check it out. Haven't had the chance yet, though.

I haven't been to that one, but Pat & Chuck--I'm sure you know who they are, even if you don't know their names--have mentioned that we should check it out. Haven't had the chance yet, though.
It is a great show. A few dozen of us from FABO meet up there each year. Stay at same hotel and park together at the show. What a great time.

20220604_204109.jpg

20210605_210058.jpg

Did you ever get the original block back?

Just an update. Apparently I made it in Mopar Action Magazine in their coverage of MCACN.

Mopar Action Mag Pic.jpeg

Through all of this, I was able to meet some of my heros. Herb McCandless, Tignanelli Brothers, Paul Rossi, and Mr Norm himself...

Me, Dad and Mr Norm.jpg

20221119_131108.jpg

20221120_150620.jpg

20221120_182832.jpg

image000001(49).jpg

I found your thread via Maxcustody's hemi Dart page. Awesome car you were able to get back into your family. Thanks for the story. I just hope that guy who's got "your" 340 will see the light soon and let you have it back.

What a great story! So glad you were able to find the original car, and hopefully you can get the engine that belongs to it someday soon as well!

I'll be honest and admit I don't know much about Mopars, as the car I'm working on belongs to a very good friend, but, 1) I love your story, and 2), our family had a cabin in the Spooner/Trego area when I was a kid, so I'm familiar with the area you mention. Since you're a couple hours away, if you ever need help with something north of the Cities (parts on FB, etc), feel free to drop me a PM, as I'd be happy to help out.

Jim

You are Living the Dream My friend. Got My 73 Done and have been taking it to the local Strip. No Time slips yet as their system keeps breaking down. Maybe this weekend. Happy to report 14.6 MPG with a 470 and 3.91s not to shabby.

IMG_1723.JPG

Update: I tracked down the guy who had my Dad's car from 1982-2005 and just talked with him. He sold it due to divorce, then moved. He is going to see if he has pictures from when he owned it. That would be awesome. Got info on the guy dad sold/traded the car to in-between. Also, learned the guy who swears he has my original block does not. That motor is from a 68 Dart. The 340 from my car didn't come with it.

Short video of the car running for 2024. I had the motor out for an oil leak. Also, changed back to the 3.23 and Killmat on the entire floor for the trip to MITP in June.

-
Back