New Member Introductory Post

-

jacraest

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I own a 1966 Plymouth Valiant 200 with a 225 /6 and a Holley 1945 carb swapped in by the previous owner. Probably some other stuff too I don't know about yet. I don't have any good pictures (they're all in terrible lighting but I'll upload some soon. I plan to add 4 point seatbelts, headrests (period appropriate), and front disc brakes. The car is my daily commuter. I run premium gas but I haven't tried running regular yet. On another note, I can only get it to idle properly when warm at ~1250 rpm. Anything lower than that and the engine keeps sputtering and wanting to die. Choke isn't stuck, it's wide off the cam. I'm making another thread on Fuel and Air systems so if you want to help, I guess I'll see you there.

IMG_7863.jpg

Welcome to FABO, sounds like you getting to know your car, plenty of help here.

i
Now it sounds like the starter relay.
that’s the thing, the hammer worked before, but not this time. I went to the junkyard and grabbed a mini starter off a 91 dakota 351 and I’ll mount that on and see what happens.

i

that’s the thing, the hammer worked before, but not this time. I went to the junkyard and grabbed a mini starter off a 91 dakota 351 and I’ll mount that on and see what happens.
Mini starter works great! much more power than the original starter (after closer inspection, it was not a CSB starter but the original unit from chrysler). Plus that old mopar v8 starter sound can’t be beat.

-
Back