New Member with a 63 Dart

-

DeucesWild

Reaction score
Hello from NY! I am going to be getting a 63 Dart from a friend of mine. She's a little rough but I can't complain since it's a free car. Also getting some other cars but not mopars. I am hoping the frame is still OK and not rotten. Everything is there and it's a complete car so I am hoping I can get her road worthy again. Here's a pic for ya..

Attachments

• Dart.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 143
Welcome from FL! Can't have enough Darts on here. She's going to be a fun build. FOBA is full of great people and good advice.

You can't go wrong with Dart , they last forever ,
With a little help of course .
Welcome and Good Luck with the Dart .

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I am just hoping the frame is OK. The car is complete and was driven into that spot several years ago. I plan on draining out all the gas, shoot some oil into the spark plug holes, hand crank it a little and then try to start her with some fresh gas. If that don't work I'll probably start with rebuilding the carb. I should get her in the next few weeks so I'll post up some more pics, in the meantime here are a few more I snapped while there.

Attachments

• Dart3.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 117
  • Dart2.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 108
Welcome,D.W. Looks like a solid foundation, to start with.

The other cars are a 55 Olds 98 Holiday, 73' monte Carlo and 82 Jag XJS 12cyl. I think the Dart and Monte are in the best shape for getting back on the road. Hopefully the olds as well. I feel like I am jinxing this since I didn't actually get any of them yet, within the next two weeks if all goes to plan. Wish me lots of luck and less of rust
!

So I got her home this past Friday along with the 55 olds and 73 Monte Carlo. The Dart was empty on gas so I tried to gas her up but found pin holes in the tank. I used an old motorcycle tank and got her running!! She even backed out and drove a few feet. I think there is a mouse nest in the exhaust which is causing her not to run fully. Next I got to buy a new tank and install it. Cleaned out the interior of all the mouse stuff and she's relatively decent to sit in (smell wise). Here are some pics..

Attachments

• IMG_5380.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5383.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5382.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 81
Thanks, it was funny I was asking for a sign if it was the right time to start up my side business of fixing up cars.. guess 3 cars dropping in your lap is a pretty good sign.. Not to mention 5 old 80's Jap motorcycles..

Well I finally got my Bendpak lift installed so I am going to put the dart up in the air this weekend. I think I am going to get it road worthy and then possibly sell it if I can get any interest in a running fixer upper. I just have too many projects all at the same time. If anyone is interested let me know. I plan on fixing the brakes and installing a new gas tank so it's safe and mechanically OK. Looks like just some basic body rot but the frame should be OK.

-
Back