New member with Early A! 1964 Barracuda... Rally Car?

-
No posts since February from the OP? Curious to see how the project is going...

Yes I would like to know also. I always wanted such a beast!! I knew a retired couple back in Mopar that were into Corvairs, he had a cool one set up for rallye stuff and raced it where there were such events.

No posts since February from the OP? Curious to see how the project is going...
Uggggh... Life is going. I wish I was making better progress on the car, but spring hit and BAM! Busy all the time. I was able to get the front floor pans installed/ patched prior to the clutch in my little Porsche 944 going out (throw out bearing). $800 and a month of labor later, it's mowing season!

Sorry for the excuses. I've been itching to get back at it. I appreciate the continued support and interest in the project! Hopefully something better to report soon.
IMG_9685.JPG
IMG_9777.JPG

Very special car you have, I love to see people taking interest in the early Cuda's. I'm looking forward to watch your progress, I've been working on mine for a few years now and still a long ways to go.

Very special car you have, I love to see people taking interest in the early Cuda's. I'm looking forward to watch your progress, I've been working on mine for a few years now and still a long ways to go.
I'm glad you like what I'm working on! The black Cuda in your profile picture looks extremely cool. I assume that's your project? I know I'm not making quick progress right now, but I still hope to be racing in early 2020. Hopefully Sandblast Rally in March 2020 and/or Southern Ohio Forest in May 2020.

Yep the Black one in my profile is a 64 that belonged to my Dad, im doing kinda resto mod stlye since it was originally a slant 6 car, now a 408 with a Tremec 5 speed, still working on getting everything to fit hope to have it driving by the beginning of next summer. And dont worry how long it takes, it'll be worth the wait.

Yep the Black one in my profile is a 64 that belonged to my Dad, im doing kinda resto mod stlye since it was originally a slant 6 car, now a 408 with a Tremec 5 speed, still working on getting everything to fit hope to have it driving by the beginning of next summer. And dont worry how long it takes, it'll be worth the wait.
Wow that sounds like such a cool project! I wish I had the budget right now to build a bad engine and get a tremec transmission. Not in the cards. I have a few 318s and a 340 to choose from for blocks. Stock forged cranks. J heads. And a NewVenture 5 speed from a 2wd 1500 truck. Gonna have to drive it easy to make it last a whole rally, but I think it will hold up for a while.

I have an update! Some of you may not have seen it, but I started a thread about disk brake upgrades for the Cuda back in June, and I finally got to a point where I can show you all what I've been working on.
MSC_Rally Cuda_Assy2.PNG
MSC_Rally Cuda_Assy6.PNG
MSC_Rally Cuda_ExplView1.PNG

The link to the other forum post is here.
And the link to my build log is here! The build log has a lot of really detail oriented stuff for those who are interested in the design process and the FEA simulation.

-
Back