New Member, Wutz Uuuuuuup!

-

64dart170

Reaction score
I am a new member and very glad to have found this site. You guys are great! I have recently been dealing with windshield replacement on my wife's 67 Dart 4 Door. (See Thread under the trim section on this site, 67 dart cracked windsheild) What a pain! This has to be the worst year of dart I have ever owned for parts location!
Anyway I am 48 yrs old going on 24! We are from Aurora IN, just outside Cincinnati. I have a 64 Dart 4 door with a 273. The only dart that had less production that year was the wagon. I bought this on Ebay Jan 08. I had never bought a car this way before and was sweatin bullets untill it hit my driveway off the truck.
The reason I got this Dart was it was going so cheap I couldn't beleive no one was bidding. Also was very jelious of my 18 year old sons car. The first car I got for him he wrecked. The second was crap so I told him his next car was going to be the most reliable car I could find and it had to be special enough for him to respect it and work on it. He only wanted to drive and was not interested in how they worked. So I found a 69 Dart 4 door here in town, and told him this was his new car. He loved it and shelled out 2K and has been driving and working on his own car nowfor a little over a year! I had lost my job about 6 months ago. Long story short, the wife wanted a car with no payments. So Dec. 08, Ebay again, went to Loisville to pick up her 67 Dart! As soon as we got to my driveway, I got out and opened the gate, got back in and out in gear, all motor mounts blew, engine lowered, full throtle, shft linkage not working and heading to the back of the garage full tilt! OH THANK GOD I REMEMBERED THE KEY TO SHUT OFF!!!! That shoud have been the first sign! Anyway presently All 3 of us have Darts as daily drivers with no back up cars!
I can't believe I didn't want to be seen in my 65 4 door Dart in High school, but they just weren't cool in 1979!!!! The only thing I could remember about that car was that I never had to work on it back then. That 65 Dart I had in school and how cheap and dependable it was is what got our family to become all Darts all the time. I even put a trailer hitch on her 67 (from cherokee in junk yard $40.00!) that way we can haul bikes, utility trailer, and get into tug of wars with Chevys, but that just ends up with us dragging aroud a car that we don't want!!!! HA! Ha!
Enough of me rambling on, glad to get to meet all of you! More soon........

Here´s a welcome from Sweden.
That´s a beautiful Dart you got there, please show us some more pics.

Welcome to FABO from another hoosier! :wave:
Nice meeting you! We'll be in your area in a couple of weeks. Camping with the 67 Dart at Morgan Monroe. Try some panning gold sense I,m on lay off, I could use about a 5 lb nugget! LOL!!!

Here´s a welcome from Sweden.
That´s a beautiful Dart you got there, please show us some more pics.
WOW! Sweden? New to sight, How do I post other pics? I've got some cool ones, right after I got it I had to pull both windshields and complete interior to repair light surface rust on floor from leaking at both ends!

Welcome to the best Mopar site on the web.
Thanks Jim, It's really great to meet and talk with other A bodie crazys. It's great to have so much in common with so many new friends.
Mopar = Motor + Parts, Cheers!

Welcome 64dart170, We have the best of the best tec's and folks here so jump on in and enjoy, I see OldVart has sent you in the right direction

Welcome to FABO! now lets see the pics of your rides!
OK, Lets see what happens........
1: First time I saw on ebay
2: After both leaking windshields replaced
3: 1st Show note Happy guard wife!
4: My sons 69 next to my 64
5: Parade in Hamilton OH
6: After I painted floors, windshields still out.
7: Carpet in
8: Anyone have a NOS horn button for sale? (stress cracks in mine)
9: That's some clean glass!!! LOL

64 dodge dart.jpg

64 after windshields.jpg

64 happy wife at show.jpg

69 & 64 at show.jpg

64 ham show.jpg

no int!.jpg

carpet.jpg

horn.jpg

clean glass.jpg

Here's a couple more pics, these are of my 18 year old sons 1969 Dart Custom 225 slant Auto. When we bought this a single old lady had owned and we bought from estate. Yes she was a school teacher and she only drove it to work, church, and the store. 56k miles! The seat belts in the back were still wrapped in plastic bags from dealer! The family had made her park it when she started clipping the garage door opening with the front fenders.
My boy drives this daily and will get into a fight if you say anything bad about his car! The last pic has the wife's guard dog watching his car!

69.jpg

69 back qurtr.jpg

69 dart custom.jpg

69 dart emb.jpg

69 snowbound.jpg

lex & 69.jpg

Here's a couple of the wifes 67 Dart. This was soon after we brought it home. It looks a little different now. We went back to orig wheels and caps and redid interior. I'll have some of the after shots later!

DSC_0535.jpg

DSC_0536.jpg

DSC_0538.jpg

67 inside.jpg

Wow some great looking Darts. I love it when they are used for daily drivers.

Glad to see you have your son driving a Dart too, and maybe you'll have him hooked on A body's!!

Wutzuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupp? 8)

Welcome to the board. VERY NICE DARTS!:cheers:

Follow up, Engines, note the teal64, all orig except washer bottle (I still have the bag!) and the 2 clothes pins to prvent vapor lock! How's that for old school! When was the last time you saw that?
Also the wife's 67 doing regular Truck duty! Also needing a bath!!

dart 67 33.jpg

dart 67 55.jpg

dart 67 66.jpg

dart 67 88.jpg

dart 67 99.jpg

-
Back