-

Welsh-it Racing

Reaction score
Hello everybody. New member here. I bought a new 2019 Challenger Scatpack in 2019. I was immediately hooked back into drag racing. Grew up at the track in the 70’s. Went into the Marine Corps and started a family. Fast forward many years. I retired from the government at 50. Wife was still working. I had a Motorhome, boat, jet skis, a camper on the lake, but something was missing. I wanted a hot rod. Got the challenger and immediately started bracket racing it. 3 years and 7 wins later these companies were offering stupid money for used cars. They finally offered me $6k more than I paid so I sold it. I had bought a faster drag car by then so I used the proceeds to buy a 2022 Ram 2500, of coarse with the 6.4l Hemi!! My wife also got an itch for a street rod so I found her a 1967 Dodge Dart. It was in really good shape but I have plans to replace the whole front suspension, replace the rear suspension, beef up the 318 in it a little bit and put some 360 heads on it. She doesn’t like to go too fast and she will be bracket racing it on weekends. After suspension and engine, she will get new paint and upholstery. I look forward to reading the posts here. Thanks

IMG_0962.jpeg

-
Back