New members(s) in Portland Oregon

-

65DaVerted

Reaction score
Hi there all at FABO. New member with a Father/Daughter project. Just picked up this slant 6 car for my 14 y/o daughter. We are planning on working on it together, turning it into a nice cruiser for her. Not new to cars, but new to A-Bodies.

The car was traded to a body/paint guy for some work on another car. Of course he painted it and did a few mechanicals to get it running. I drove it home about 50 miles, after sitting for 8 years! I was fully ready to do some repairs or call the AAA, but we made it without a hitch. Smelled funny and blew out a bunch of dust at first but it was suprisingly not as much of a white knuckle ride as I had expected.

We have a new white top for it, so the first order of business is to get it installed. After that, I want to upgrade the brakes/ master cylinder/ lines, and put seatbelts in it for safety reasons. Maintanance stuff like belts and hoses as well. Fuel sender is kaput as well. Probably get some dog dish caps, and I would like to keep 14"s if possible.

So I will be spending time reading the forums here and learning as much as possible. You might get some questions form me eventually as well. If anyone knows good resources in my area, I would appreciate it.

Thanks! Please let me know if the picture wont show up....

2013-09-12

Welcome Aboard, from Happy Valley (SE Portland)

Nice ride looking forward to seeing it at some of the locals shows. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask. I do know a lot of local a-body people and a lot of the parts are common. The is a fairly large group in here from the area as well. Again welcome aboard!!

John

Welcome to the site ! Both of you ! It's nice to see a farther / Daughter project !

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. Nice to see some local action as well.

When you say there is a fairly large group from the area, I take that to mean, " dont bother looking in the salvage yards, we got the good stuff already" :)

Kidding aside, I'm sure I will try to pick you brain John for good local sources. What events do you guys have planned? Wednesdays at PIR?

Welcome 65DaVerted, the car looks good and I do like the car. A lot of great people here that have helped me out when I was lost on what I was doing. Hope you get all the information that you need to help you with this build.

PIR is on other side of town from me. We do another local deal here in town on wed nights at a place called billy bob's in Gresham. Yes, we have a lot of the good stuff already. BUT there is also a place called Wildcat Mopar's (Mopar only salvage yard) on wildcat mountain near Sandy Oregon. as you head out to Mt Hood. Ed there seems to have a lot of nice stuff around as well.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. Nice to see some local action as well.

When you say there is a fairly large group from the area, I take that to mean, " dont bother looking in the salvage yards, we got the good stuff already" :)

Kidding aside, I'm sure I will try to pick you brain John for good local sources. What events do you guys have planned? Wednesdays at PIR?

Another welcome from a father/daughter duo from Michigan!! That's a fine looking little dart there and your daughter will find years of enjoyment driving it and enjoying the wind in her hair!! Ask away with questions and part requests, you got peeps now!! Geof and Nella

-
Back