New Members

-
groundpounder said:
:cheers: I've been surfing the moparts site for my B body for some time. I just bought my first A body and found this site so

Here I Am !!!!

You never forget your first! :thumleft:
Welcome aboard to all the Newbies. :D

I found your website through the Mopar100. I must applaude you on a well designed and awsome looking website.

My first car was a 71 Duster, slant six, 3-speed, rally wheels. I wasn't afraid to drive that car anywhere, anytime.

I briefly had a 73 Duster I bought for parts. It had a cracked front framerail but I couldn't pass up a 318 Duster that I could drive home for $75.

My current love I've had for the last 12 years. She's my 69 Dart GT. She has probably the hardest color combination to take care of, Black with White interior. She only has a slant six and a 904 trans, but I drive her hard and until last year she has been a yearound daily driver. Because she is getting some serious rust problems, I've decided not to drive her in the winter anymore, and restore her better than ever.

A few years ago I purchased a 71 Dart Swinger from a farmers field here in Idaho for $125. Sure it was without an engine or trans, but the body is straight, and best of all It came with it's original 8.75" rearend.

I blasted and painted the 8.75 and it now resides in my 69 Dart. I recently paid $150 for a complete 73 Valiant K-frame w/Disk brakes, swaybar that goes though the k-frame, U/L control arms, the works. I'm going to blast and paint everything and rebuild with a polygraphite bushing kit. My 69 should stop and handle alot better then. I have many more upgrades planned, V-8, manual trans?, alot of body work, rims, etc.

I know about alot of good junkyards and out of the way cars here in Idaho. Feel free to ask me if you need help finding anything.

I hope I can contribute some of my a-body knowledge to the fellow members and help make this website the best.

-Nick :thumrigh:

dwdart said:
i think i'm still new here. :geek:

i made it over from moparts.

very nice site. :thumrigh:

same happend to me. And a guy on our german moparboard reminded me with a link....

And so: Hi guys and greets from germany... :eek:ccasion:

well i've been here for a few days now this site rocks!! I have a 73 scamp in awsome condition that i bought it from my fiance's grandma for a steal. it only has 107000 miles on it with the slant six. untill i bought it it never spent a night outdoors. for now it's my daily driver but i have big plans for it.

Rob

Found yall' thru a sig in Moparts.com

Curently gathering parts on my recently aqcuired 72 duster.I have had several before this particular one.I plan to build a stroker 360,and restore the body to its original glory.Was an FE5 rallye red, with black vinyl roof and dual "rallye" mirrors.

Duster003.jpg

Duster003.jpg

Thanks.......long story short,the car been sitting in roughly the same spot for 15 years.I Finally was able to buy her last week.I ll post some more pics when i get home :wink:

Welcome all you new mwmbers. This place is great. Also check yout the site iin my sig.

HEMI G T S, Is that your Dart with the blower sticking through the hood? :shock: Wow, another magazine cover car! Welcome aboard.

Hey All, found on moparts, hope My car fits in, nothing special just a 340 4spd. fun car to drive tho :thumleft:

340Dartsport said:
Hey All, found on moparts, hope My car fits in, nothing special just a 340 4spd. fun car to drive tho :thumleft:

All mopars are special whether it be a /6 or a blown Hemi! :D

Welcome aboard Newbies. :thumleft:

God I hate the Noob first post, but here I go ;)

I lurked around a few times when I saw the "Homepage Honey" in Mopar muscle. And have been on mikelbeck's northeastbracketracing board for a bit, and got there by installing a great PHPBB MOD on my own board that Mike created.... so basically. Modded my board, met a great guy and joined his board, read a mag, learned this is hosted on Mike’s service, and joined up... o.k. So who needs a GPS for that one? :scratch:

I don't own an A body, though my first car was an Aspen... hey, stop laughing, I loved that little thing ;)

I've finally purchased my one true love, but sorry guys, it's a B body... please be nice 8) and am enjoying the Mopar mentality while trying to turn my back on my years of basking in the GM metropolis of ready to find parts and cheap pieces.... but I’m more then happy to come to the world of rare, appreteated, and often overlooked world of the Mopar ;)

So forgive me in advanced on my lack of knowledge of mopars. As stated above, I’m getting back into it after years of Pontiacs and Chevy’s. While they can cloud your mind with “ohhhhh chrome” they drain it of all other knowledge, heheh

Ohhh warning, when I become comfortable on a site. I become a postwhore ;)

Howdy. :D

We have plenty of post whores here so you better get going. :thumrigh:

new here but i ave been looking att it for a while now and i think that there is a lot that i can learn from you people

I am a man from Sweden i have a -73 Duster with a 340 wich is built for street and strip, mostly street but i am locking for a few passes down the quartermile this summer!

Hi guys!

Saw the "Homepage Honey" article as well. I'm a looooong time fan of A-bodies--I pretty much learned to drive in my dad's 73 340 Duster. I'm currently finishing up my 2001 LS1-powered Sierra--once that's finished and paid for, I'll be looking to pick up a 71 Demon or any other A-body that I can get my grubby paws on. I'm thinking 416cid stroker maybe? :)

I'll be lurking around and posting when I get the chance, but when the truck's paid for in April, it'll be go time! :)

I know it's not an A-body or even a Mopar, but here's link to a pic of the truck:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/AcroScream/CRW_9159_copy_web.jpg

-
Back