new motor old school

-

dartman340ta

Reaction score
ok you all tell me if you think it going to go fast or not ? 340 /ta block 40 over ,block deck 0 deck height 10.5 to compression heads angle cut 90 thousands intake side removed 30 thousands for proper intake fit x heads ported dual springs cam purple shaft 284 528/528 mechanical roller rockers single plan intake match to heads 750 dble pumper 430 rear an 10'' street radials 3000 stall an manual 904 auto just curious of what you think of combo all in a plan jane 68 dart full exhaust( headers) no pump gas here static compression 190 per cyc

Sounds like it should run real good if the heads flow decent. That's the trick to making an engine run. BTW: What's the purpose of angle cutting the heads? Never heard of that.

Another thing if it was me I'd have sold the T/A block for $3000 and bought a regular 340 or 360 block and built a stroker with the extra money.

well the ta block an i go way back almost 35 yrs will not part had it longer than the wife .(both of them) sorry angle cut heads with 0 deck height more compression .with a 10.5 piston i'm getting close to 12to 1 custom piston's are'nt cheap . my machinest started doing this in the fast truck series taking creat motor s before they where inspected, doing the deal on them taking them to inspection an passing .the truck's where tore down several time's during the yrs but nothing was ever found ,they also won alot of races .he an i go back a long time . nice taking to ya have a great day (all throttle no bottle )

Ok got ya on the block. Sentimentality rules sometimes. I assume by angle cutting them your removing material on just one side to make them similar to closed chamber heads. The only thing I have a hard time understanding is if you cut the decks at an angle doesn't that drastically affect the angle of the head bolts so it makes them go through at an angle so the mating surface of them don't sit flush against the head? It would also change the angle of the pushrods which isn't good either. They're allready at an angle that isn't good and if I'm not mistaken the side of the head you remove the most material from is the intake side of the chamber. That'd make the pushrod angle worse. Correct me if I'm thinking wrong.

well fish i do not no the answer to that one yet but i'll fine out as soon as i get back in town . My machinist really no's. his motors though an there is some explanation to his madness . but i have seen this work ,he's had 6motors in the series no failure's all season 4yrs running has to be something to it right . i'll get back in a day or so an fine out . out on the road trucking at the moment

oh an but the way the 68 you have looks sweet . i found one in a truck parking lot not far from where i use to park at but the guy would not part with it .shame to cause some had something long out the back of there truck an broke the frt glass out an in fla the way it rain's . i tryed for like 2 months to get him to sell back no luck flashed cash in his face the whole nine yards . it was apart but it was all there

-
Back