New MP Dizzy reluctor removal?

-

scooby67

Reaction score
Need to adjust the mechanical advance on my new MP dizzy. Does the reluctor simply pry off from the shaft above the roll pin??? After that, does the c-clip from inside the shaft need to be removed to get the top plate off?? Thanks!!

“C” clip… actually it’s a horse shoe shaped wire that can be a PIA to dig out or remove. Prying up on reluctor, in theory, is the method of removal, however if it has not been off for forty years, or there is corrosion on shaft it will stubbornly resist your advances. Chuck it up in a vise, keep at it with two large screwdrivers & a squirt of PB Blaster, and it will slide off eventually.

“C” clip… actually it’s a horse shoe shaped wire that can be a PIA to dig out or remove. Prying up on reluctor, in theory, is the method of removal, however if it has not been off for forty years, or there is corrosion on shaft it will stubbornly resist your advances. Chuck it up in a vise, keep at it with two large screwdrivers & a squirt of PB Blaster, and it will slide off eventually.

It's a brand new unit, so the reluctor should not be an issue. Yes, I saw the clip/wire. Hopefully I have a long enough attachment for my snap ring pliers!!

-
Back