New NC member here!

-

JDMopar

Reaction score
Hey y'all:hello1: I thought I'd sign up and quit lurking...LOL. I've got 2 A-bodies...69 Dart conv and a 70 Duster, along with 4 E-bodies and a 68 Roadrunner. I'm all pumped up about installing a 5.7 Hemi and 545RFE in my Duster, and have enjoyed reading all the stuff some of y'all have done with Gen 3 Hemi swaps. Some that are also members of Moparts.com may recognize my screen name from there. I just used the same one, cause my poor ol feeble brain has enough to keep up with already! :banghead: I look forward to learning new ideas, and will start a thread in Gen 3 swaps when I get started good. The bleeding wallet has already begun....lol. The UPS dude dropped off a TTI box full of headers and mounts today. Later !

welcome aboard im not to far away over in mitchell county:blob:

Thanks for the welcomes. Hey sickandwrong, and 345man.....I come to Spruce Pine at least once a week for work. Maybe I can meet y'all at the steak house one day for lunch, and shoot the bull.

Welcome to FABO JDMopar!

You will enjoy this site - Lots of good people and information

When you get a chance, please attach some pictures of your cars - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 for your viewing pleasure - More pictures in mygallery

Attachments

• DSC06825.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 107
Here's one I took a few weeks ago. I made the rack a few years ago to be able to get 4 cars in the place of 2, so I could get em all in out of the weather. I use my 4 post lift to get the ones up on top. The Duster is the one I'm gonna put the 5.7 Hemi in.

Transshop007.jpg

Here's one more, of my 71 GY3 Challenger. It's a factory 318/904 column shift car with PS,PB, and AC. I put a mild 360 in it with a 727 and Gear Vendor OD, and 3.55 Sure Grip. This thing is what's kept me from buying a new R/T Challenger....lol. Every time I get the urge to go spend a butt load of money on a new Challenger, I go for a ride in this car....and the urge goes away. Kind of a Mopar cold shower!:D

PurpleCar002-1.jpg

WOWWWWWW, welcome to FABO JD! :-D

If I don't make it back, it's because I electrocuted myself drooling all over the keyboard. Now that's a garage! The Ms Pac Man doesn't hurt either ... don't suppose you have a Defender machine in the other corner???

Welcome JD,
I'm in Elm City, N.C. and I also have a 69 Dart Conv and a 69 Hardtop. If I can help, just drop me a lline.
Martin

Thanks for all the welcomes and kind words about all my junk. The Miz Pacman machine belongs to my wife. That was the biggest thing she could fit into the 3' x 3' space I gave her for helping me build the garage. Just kidding! Cudachick and the other ladies might throw stuff at me if I let that go without sayin I was kidding...lol. The GY3 car and the purple conv. are the only 2 that are done. The rest are all projects,and there's more of em than I'll probably get done in my life. I'm glad to have finally joined here after nosing around a few times. I've always loved A Body Mopars. My first terrified ride in an A Body was in the 66 Formula S Barracuda my big brother bought new. My first Mopar was a 70 Duster I bought in late 1973, when I was a junior in high school. It was a 318 car, Limelight Green with a black vinyl top and gold stripes. I may paint this one that color as well.

how long have you owned the purple conv:D

Since 1989. I'm the 2nd owner. I looked for 6 years, in 7 states for a Challenger conv. that was restorable, and affordable. I'd about given up, and found this one in a falling down woodshed 10 miles from my house. I stumbled into it while working one day, and it took me almost 2 years to get it bought. The lady I got it from bought it new at Dorato Dodge in Asheville when she was a senior in high school.

you didn happen to have a metallic bronze 74 duster at one time thats:D now petty blue did you ol buddy

ha ha ha i thouight i had seen that car before and you rang a bell in my head how have you been doing?:blob:its a small world aint it lol

-
Back