New Old Replacement Stock

-

TylerW

Reaction score
Don't know how many others are into this, but over the last couple of years I've started buying only NORS parts for use on my Mopars, with a couple exceptions.

For instance, I have bought the old style metal wiper blades in their original packaging from 1977, I bought a NOS neutral safety switch, a never used Chrysler-Plymouth dealer key tag, and just recently I bought a new set of plug wires for the 383 in the Fury.Not just any plug wires, but a still boxed set produced 2nd quarter of 1976:)

The old stuff is likely to be far better than the junk sold today. The exceptions I mentioned are fuel pumps and carb kits that are not designed for use with ethanol.

Everything has been very reasonable. Just thought I would share.

"Usually" if they are factory parts, they are still referred to as NOS. Sometimes when factory parts get discontinued, a suitable aftermarket is found and stocked.

Radios are a good example. I know with Ford, they used Philco radios from the factory for many years. However, they also offered replacement RCA units that would bolt and wire right in like the factory unit. Those would be considered NORS if you found one. The "R" in the acronym means "replacement" which usually indicates a factory part is being replaced with an aftermarket.

Oh yeah!you are not the only one that tries to get good quality parts!They are getting harder to find but they are soooo much better than the Chinese/Taiwan crap!I try to find warehouses that Chrysler has leased or dealerships that have leased other properties.I am finding F M J body stuff mostly now but once in a while you find earlier stuff.

-
Back