New (old) Station Wagon

-

Commando66

She's a beaut Clark!
Reaction score
So I’ve missed having a wagon since I sold my 66 Valiant wagon a few years ago. I saw this one come up on Marketplace and it looked really familiar. It used to be mine, sold it in 2016. I made a deal with the seller and made the 200 mile trip East to get it. I handed him the cash and he handed me the title still in my name! Neither owner after me transferred the title. I guess I don’t have to pay the sales tax. Anyway, it’s a little rough around the edges after sitting outside for six years. It runs ok, with a rebuilt 225/904. I put BBP discs on it and an 8 1/4 when I had it. It needs a headliner and carpet now but the rest of the interior is pretty good. The red paint is pretty dead but it’s coming back pretty good. My plans are to buff it (half way there), clean interior (replace headliner) and do my usual suspension upgrades (swaybar, shocks and 20:1 steering box).

IMG_4707.jpeg

IMG_4819.jpeg

Cool beans, getting your car back! What are you using to rejuvenate your paint? I have this long roof that also needs some work on the paint to get it to shine again.

20230617_150835.jpg

I
Cool beans, getting your car back! What are you using to rejuvenate your paint? I have this long roof that also needs some work on the paint to get it to shine again.

View attachment 1716162814
im using the 3M three step polishing kit. It comes with three different pads and three bottles of liquid compounds. Oh ya, I am wet sanding first with 1000, 1500 and 2500.

I'm using the 3M three step polishing kit. It comes with three different pads and three bottles of liquid compounds. Oh ya, I am wet sanding first with 1000, 1500 and 2500.

Thanks. My paint is in good "driver quality" shape but it's pretty dull. I'm sure if I could work on the surface oxidation and then get some kind of wax or other finisher the car would look a LOT better. Red is an unforgiving color to leave out in the sun.

We aren't all that far apart, if you get down this way or vice-versa we should get together for a Red Long Roof photo op. :thumbsup:

So I’ve missed having a wagon since I sold my 66 Valiant wagon a few years ago. I saw this one come up on Marketplace and it looked really familiar. It used to be mine, sold it in 2016. I made a deal with the seller and made the 200 mile trip East to get it. I handed him the cash and he handed me the title still in my name! Neither owner after me transferred the title. I guess I don’t have to pay the sales tax. Anyway, it’s a little rough around the edges after sitting outside for six years. It runs ok, with a rebuilt 225/904. I put BBP discs on it and an 8 1/4 when I had it. It needs a headliner and carpet now but the rest of the interior is pretty good. The red paint is pretty dead but it’s coming back pretty good. My plans are to buff it (half way there), clean interior (replace headliner) and do my usual suspension upgrades (swaybar, shocks and 20:1 steering box).

View attachment 1716162714

View attachment 1716162715
That wagon is very cool!!

-
Back