New owner of a 1976 Plymouth Duster

-
Honestly I was going to get some race seats. I have some Corbeau seats available to me if I want them and I was going to sell these seats. I however was going to keep the rear seat and have it redone to match the new fronts. But thats quite a ways off.

The console doesn't fit all that well in this car. It's wider than it's suppose to be and the the console lid doesn't open very far because of it. I guess what I'm saying is I might be pursuaded to sell the seats or trade them for a decent set of race inspired seats.

As for the console - I'd like to find a good A-body one. But I'm going to start with chassis and body work. Interior is a long ways down the chain.

Riddler

Riddler

looks like an 8 3/4 rear, and a single barrel 318. dunno bout a tranny. depending on how much you plan to race will depend on the tranny. I'd use a 904 just because of the weight difference between a 727 and 904. but it also depends on what kind of horsepower you're planning on running. if you're looking at a higher horsepower motor i don't think that the extra weight of a 727 would be a big deal, plus it will be a fair bit stronger then a 904. just my 2 cents, hope it helps. good luck with the resto!!

looks like an 8 3/4 rear, and a single barrel 318. dunno bout a tranny. depending on how much you plan to race will depend on the tranny. I'd use a 904 just because of the weight difference between a 727 and 904. but it also depends on what kind of horsepower you're planning on running. if you're looking at a higher horsepower motor i don't think that the extra weight of a 727 would be a big deal, plus it will be a fair bit stronger then a 904. just my 2 cents, hope it helps. good luck with the resto!!

8 3/4 dosent have a back plate

That console and shifter are from a Volare or Aspen. Looks exactly like the one from my '76 Volare Roadrunner. My shifter was a slapstick. Worked great. In fact when I junked the car many years ago, I kept the shifter and still have it...... somewhere?

Wylde1.

Yep, Volare/Aspen console. Once you mentioned the fit not being the greatest...At first, I thought it might be some parts sharing by Ma Mopar seeing as in 76, you could Dusters or Volares. And no, sadly that is NOT an 8.75. The 8.25 should hold up for a fair amount of punishment,though! And oh yeah, WELCOME to FABO!:-D

-
Back