New Parts Hauler

-

Lycandart

Reaction score
Here's Pics of my new parts rig.

truck pics.jpg

71 Aventurer SE...Was 318 auto...got the original 318...out of the truck.But its goin 440!PS...PB....Think I'll flat black it,make it kinda a rat rod.Looks kinda like a Dude but it aint.

71 Aventurer SE...Was 318 auto...got the original 318...out of the truck.But its goin 440!PS...PB....Think I'll flat black it,make it kinda a rat rod.Looks kinda like a Dude but it aint.

You are one of the few people that know what a "Dude" is. I came across one last year in Santa Cruz, CA and I believe it is still for sale. I was real tempted soley for it being a "Dude". Enjoy your new hauler.

Well I figured I would put that in there because when I was lookin for ideas for it the first pic I found was a Dude almost the same color and such.

Wow! That thing looks pretty solid! :cheers:
I see it has the optional cool fake vinyl top and the not-so-cool lame woodgrain.
If you flat black it, why don't you mask off the 'Dude' stripes first and leave them yellow?
Dallas

You are one of the few people that know what a "Dude" is. I came across one last year in Santa Cruz, CA and I believe it is still for sale. I was real tempted soley for it being a "Dude". Enjoy your new hauler.

That's a nice parts chaser. Reminds me of my middle school Science teacher's (John) super clean Dodge, about the same vintage. His had that same black top/yellow body paint scheme (no woodgrain!), with chrome 8 spokers. Funny story about that truck. One wintry morning as my mom was driving us into town (Lone Pine, CA) in the Volvo we had, she hit black ice on a downhill slope and lost all traction while braking. John had his pickup down at the bottom of the hill off to the side with the tailgate down, fishing at the stream that runs next to the road. Mom fortunately wasn't barrelling down the hill at too fast of a clip, but hit the tailgate of John's truck and demolished the grille on the Volvo. I don't remember seeing much more than paint scratches on John's tailgate, though. Built *MOPAR* tough...

Oh yeah, what's a Dude? There's plenty of them here in the 'Cruz, dude, but they're not cool ol' Dodge pickups :toothy10:

Nice truck that will make good parts hauler, and on the subject of the Dude well shoot if Don Knotts says they're ok well thats good enough for me :-D How could you disagree with Barney Fife.

-
Back