New pics of my 69!

-

George R

Mopar Nutcase
Reaction score
I love the way it looks!! I have the stock wheels and tires stored away for the next owner, but I just had to put these on it! Hope you all like it as much as I do!!

George

Cragar's 001.JPG

Cragar's 002.JPG

Cragar's 003.JPG

Cragar's 004.JPG

Cragar's 005.JPG

Cragar's 006.JPG

Cragar's 007.JPG

Cragar's 008.JPG

Cragar's 009.JPG

Very nice! I love that year. I had a 69 B5 blue 340 4 spd swinger and now own a 69 GTS. I can't wait until mine is finished like yours.

I love the Cragars, they are so period correct on the A bodies, makes the car look great.

Giles

I love the Cragars, they are so period correct on the A bodies, makes the car look great.

Giles

I agree, as long as they aren't Rallye Rims!! :)

LOOKING GREAT, George!! Wadda mean "next owner"??
Don't you plan on enjoying winding out the 340??
Did you ever get your engine "issues" resolved??

That color doesnt seem to really go off well on a lot of cars IMO. But it looks AWESOME on your Dart George. Really nice all the way around!!!

What??????Us not like cragars?I think ya hit a soft spot with the gold paint.....then ya added the cragars....IIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMM' DrooLin!~

Wheels and car look great, that color combo with the black looks hot too. Your not planning to get rid of that hot lookin' ride are you?

I agree, as long as they aren't Rallye Rims!! :)

LOOKING GREAT, George!! Wadda mean "next owner"??
Don't you plan on enjoying winding out the 340??
Did you ever get your engine "issues" resolved??
Hiya Frank! Good to hear from ya, kid. Yeah, the "issue" was a bad freakin condenser. I was about to set the damned car on fire and buy another Vette I was so pissed off at it! LOL A local friend of mine took a shot in the dark and he was right. Swapped out the new condenser for another new one, and it fired right up.
I was thinking about your car this am when I was cleaning up the mess that was made after I blew the bypass hose off the intake at 4500 RPM! God, that shtuff got everywhere! LMAO!

That color doesnt seem to really go off well on a lot of cars IMO. But it looks AWESOME on your Dart George. Really nice all the way around!!!
Thanks man. I aint really too keen on gold either, but thats what the tag calls for so gold it is. I would have painted it 63 Vette Riverside Red if it wasn't a numbers car. I love red cars!

Wheels and car look great, that color combo with the black looks hot too. Your not planning to get rid of that hot lookin' ride are you?
Well.........I dunno when exactly, but it will be for sale someday. Maybe late next summer. I'll build another 69 Dart, but it will be a 440 4-speed and maybe a Dana rear. The market sucks right now, and although I'm not upside down in the car, it would be foolish to try and sell it now. I would need over 25K for it at least.

Thanks to all for the kind words. There are still a few bugs in it to work out, but I'll get there. First one is the freakin goofy trans kickdown adjustment. Yes, I read the service manual 9 ways from Sunday and it still doesn't make sense! LOL

George

Very, very nice George. Adam is right, they tend to be overdone but look great on yours. Nice choice.

I would like to see your car setting next to longgone's Barracuda.
The wheels look real good and like some one said it fits your car perfect.
What code is your color?

This is the color I will be doing on Victoria

gold barracuda.jpg

George, your car is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You did a great job on her! And while I'm not a big fan of Cragars, on certain bodystlyes & colors, they work. And your car is one of them.

Take a bow and enjoy the applause....:cheers:

Beautiful car, George. I love the gold paint. To me it stands out because it's not too common on a-bodies that I have seen. Yes I love the high impact colours, but the gold is definitely a standout because it's not seen everyday. The Cragars just look good. I've always loved the chrome and Cragars. Just timeless.

Good work, George. You should be grinning from ear to ear with that car!

I would like to see your car setting next to longgone's Barracuda.
The wheels look real good and like some one said it fits your car perfect.
What code is your color?

This is the color I will be doing on Victoria

Longone's Cuda is freakin nice! I don't think my car would look too good next to his!
The code is Y4 Mike, but I think the color of mine is a shade lighter than the original color. Can't prove it one way or the other, but to me it seems lighter than I see on other cars of the era. Your ride will look great in that gold. It is a fitting color for an early A.

George, your car is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You did a great job on her! And while I'm not a big fan of Cragars, on certain bodystlyes & colors, they work. And your car is one of them.

Take a bow and enjoy the applause....:cheers:
That means a LOT coming from you, John, Thank you! I know how picky you are with your own car, so a compliment like that says a lot. It sure would be nice to see your car in person someday. You're doing a wonderful job with it.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. It sure makes all the late nights, tired days, busted fingers, cold hands, dirty fingernails and empty pockets worth it.

George

Car looks great. does it run as good as it looks? i just went to the track today and had a great time. this car just got it's first 11.86 @108 it was a great ride. send more pic'sDon

-
Back