New project 73 Dart

-

harleydodge1

Reaction score
I have been looking for a while for a 73 Dart Sport and have found one that I think will work for me.
I am going to try and recreate my dart from high school in the 70's. I need a pair of bucket seats that I would like to trade for what I think are B body seats that I have. They have the tracks and backs but one back is broken. I also need a pair of 15 X 6,7 or 8" Halibrand slotted wheels like in the pic. They do not have to be Halibrand but just look like them. If you have any of these please let know. I will also post on parts wanted.
This is what I am starting with.

This is what I hope it turns out like.

Here are the seats that I have and would like to trade for a set of 73 A body buckets.

Here are what the wheels look like that I need a pair of.

I have found the wheels, hood scoop and a console. Still looking for a set of 73 bucket seats and the shifter linkage.
I found a set of 15X10 rear wheels and some 14X6 1/2" for the front. The rears fit pretty well but stick out a little but hey that's how we did in the 70's. Maybe just a little shorter tire. This is going back just like my old high school car so they will look right. I think I will even add air schocks to the rear and the cb radio.
I looked for a while to find a car to start with that I could afford and was not a rust bucket. I found this one close to home. It is a very straight car that I think a long weekend doing the body work and I can have it in primer. Just about no rust. The only place I can find is in the A pillar where they all have problems. Mostly factory paint so I can tell there is no rust. All floor and truck pans are in great shape.
The interior will need to be changed to a white bucket seat, console car.
It has a rebuilt 318/727 that runs good.
So here goes my build post. Hope to have it done by fall.
Some pics of the car.

Your original car looks familiar:D I picked mine up out of Texas 4 years ago.

When you deal with old Mopars sometimes you have to take what comes to you. You needed a car that looks like mine, and I wanted a Valiant that's the color of your Dart, lol.

Good luck, will be fun.

-
Back