New project/driver joins the herd

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
My dad is not doing well, and has left me some things of his that he feels I deserve, so I just thought I would post pics of the new project/driver that he was working on for some time. It's not a Mopar, but it is still pretty cool. It's a 1976 Ford F250 Highboy (a real one, not just saying it because its 4x4), 390 4 speed. I don't know much about the Fords, but I have always loved the look of them, and the big block is a bonus. The truck overall is actually in pretty good shape, the box has no rust, the cab isn't rusting from the inside out like they usually do around here, and the front clip is good minus a hole in the passenger front fender at the bottom behind the wheel. I took it for a drive the other day while visiting him, and it runs strong, and gets up and goes pretty damn good. I won't be selling this one, as he saved it for me.

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

Dang, I was going to ask it was for sale. That's my fave Ford body.

Ya sure?

My 460 would go great in there.:cheers:

I had one. A 77 3/4 ton high boy 351 mod 4 speed. Drove it a ton in Alaska and then moved to Missouri and redid it then drove it back to Alaska and the traded for a crewcab 1 ton diesel. Drove it 13 yrs and got $300 less on a trade in than i paid for it 13 yrs prior. Bought it at Cal Worthington in Anchorage in 77 and when i traded it i did so at Soldotna Ford. Loved the truck. Good memories to say the least. I'll shoot a pic of the pic i have and post for ya. Dammit, why did you do this to me? I loved that truck. Memories is what i live on.

P.S.....Tell dad thanks.
Small Block

Thanks guys, even for the half hour I drove it, it was a blast.

Small Block, I would appreciate a picture of yours. Around here, there aren't many around that are 4x4.

Nice looking truck! My friend has one like that, 3/4 4x4 with a 460 and a 4-speed, you could put it in 4-low and spin all 4 tires on dry tar :snakeman:

My first BIL bought one of those new. His was a '76 3/4 4x4 also with a 360 and a 4 speed. It didn't have power steering and he put big tires and wheels on it so it took a real man to drive it. LOL His was red and it cost him an even $5000 out the door.
Dallas

-
Back