New Project

-
This has been one of the most bizarre experiences ever. First I buy a whole motor abandoned at a machine shop. Then the guy shows up diagnosed with cancer and his mom pays for the motor. Then I snatch a better block from the same shop in better shape. Picked up probe SRS pistons and was about to start saving for stroker rotating assembly when a short block comes into the shop with everything needed including balancer. Picked up intake from ironmike. Once I see what kind of compression ratio I am looking at I will be picking brains on top end questions.

This was interesting read....

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/ccrp-1110-pump-gas-small-block-mopar/#__federated=1

Available Part Numbers/Oversizes:
Probe SRS pistons @ 30 over. Block machined and honed. Rotating assembly that came into shop was not the ticket so I passed. Scat crank and eagle rods to put short block together. Would snap some pics, but I think you all have seen metal before.

12346-030 - 4.030"

Product Code: 12346

Well been back and forth on this motor a bunch of times and I finally have the finishing details in mind. Primed the pan and picked up the flex plate to balance motor. Car is stalled on progress but stuff happens.

Attachments

• DSC_0054.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 252
I've heard nothing but good things on the Eddy Air Gap/RPM cylinder head combination. Replacing the pistons with something that sits higher in the hole is a great suggestion. Not only it produce more power by increasing compression, but it opens the way for bigger cams and carbs.

Bought an old drag motor for the heads....I should have taken some pics of the old school engineering. Heart shaped Pistons with recesses for plugs and 2 head gaskets to get clearance....compression!

Motor I pulled the heads from for the stroker...might have to just put them back on and build this motor...

Attachments

• DSC_0085.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC_0084.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC_0086.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 223
Apparently either aggressive with porting or injured at some point. I am not going to put these heads on my motor. I am going to send them off for proper repair and put this nasty 360 back into service.....just need to know put it in line.

Attachments

• DSC_0094.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC_0093.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC_0091.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC_0092.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 218
hijacked my own thread...two motors here. 408 stroker and a nasty Old School Racer. 408 is getting assembly balanced. The cam above is going in it.

Race motor has trw 463-99 pistons @.030 over...trying to figure out what this motor was all about with

Attachments

• DSC_0105.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 196
Blasted moroso deep pan from race motor. Block and rotating assembly to machine shop on that one!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 192
Ok so the pan pick up wind age tray for 408 that I bought here was for magnum block. That will be for sale soon.

I was using a different machine shop for this 408. Driving me nuts. He is in the same building as a resto shop that does $50k plus jobs. It seems like every time I turn around he is doing something other than my motor. Ugggh.

Big valve 360J heads with port work complete. Cam above. Hyd-hyd. What's a decent set of roller rockers to choose without breaking the bank?

Oh that's easy then-I thought you might say something like $200...pretty much any premium set of rockers (hughes, comp, crane, HS, etc) will go between $550-$650. You can go to the PRWs if that's still a little much. I think those sets go for under $400...maybe closer to $300 or less from some places.

EDIT: come to think of it, I think Mancini sells a set of aluminum roller rockers for like $450...lemme look...

MRE 1.5 rockers...

http://www.manciniracing.com/en15alro.html

They have them in 1.6 too if that's the direction you want to go. There might also be a set of adjustable 273 rockers floating around the classifieds. They work well and can usually be had for less than $200. I bought a set off eBay a long time ago and never used them...I gave them to my brother for his 340, installed a set of Crane adjusters from Summit ($45) and installed them on Edelbrock aluminum heads with a lunati cam. They worked out great.

Ok. Rockers to machine shop. Heads ported. Need an oil pan that will go with the Demon. Race block back this Friday. Porting injury repaired. Was told the pistons were making contact and would need a thicker gasket. When I disassembled there were two. I figured something was up. Now I need to figure out compression.

-
Back